Is a Dodge Ram on a unibody?

Many SUV are unibody. All the jeep cherokees, grand cherokees, liberties are unibody. Even the Commanche truck was based onthe unibody Cherokee.

The hondas are all unibody, including the pilot and ridgeline truck.

As are the Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute. Not to mention the older Ford unibody trucks from the 60s

The Rav4 and Highlander are unibody.

Unless the bed is an integrated part of the body there's no way it could be unibody, the frame holds the bed and the cab separately. Soooo... no the Ram is not a unibody. The Honda Ridgline is unibody, it is the only "pickup" I know of that is a unibody.
EDIT: Oh yeah, there's the unibody Subaru Baja too.

firetruck41 said:
Wouldn't it have to have a full frame to tie it together, to keep the bed from collapsing into the body?

I dunno how it worked, but thats what it was. It was basically a Cherokee cut off behind the front doors, with a frame grafted on the back.

Josh83 said:
I dunno how it worked, but thats what it was. It was basically a Cherokee cut off behind the front doors, with a frame grafted on the back.
I'm sure your right. That's just plain nuts though! :eek:

Gumby

Supamod
Staff member
s-Moderator

The early Dodge Rams with the "big rig" body style were a two piece frame design that was weak and prone to problems. Killer drive train. Crap from the frame rails up.

Top Bottom