Is $800 a good price for FJ80 Locking axles, harnesses and ecu? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The donor has 280k miles so not sure on condition of internals. $800 includes f/r harnesses, ecu, no dial. Fair price, should i be looking at additional costs to swap ? Both my rig and donor vehicle are 4/1996 build dates.

My rig has 150k and the non-locked axles and third members are in good shape if parts are needed/interchangeable.

-Thanks in advance.

Probably a decent price. I would budget for a front axle (knuckle) rebuild at the minimum. Unless you are swapping these into a Lexus LX450 you will need to do some additional wiring in the body harness between the driver front kick panel to the rear driver quarter panel. If you can pull that section of the harness out of the donor vehicle, do it and swap like-for-like. Otherwise you will be pinning three (correction--FIVE) wires into the connectors front and rear of your body harness.

Last edited:
The donor has 280k miles so not sure on condition of internals. $800 includes f/r harnesses, ecu, no dial. Fair price, should i be looking at additional costs to swap ? Both my rig and donor vehicle are 4/1996 build dates.

My rig has 150k and the non-locked axles and third members are in good shape if parts are needed/interchangeable.

-Thanks in advance.

As long as they are not hugely rusted or bent, that is a very fair price, know of several that would slap leather right now for that.

Wait, you're saying the harness is present in the LX450, I'll look for it.

It's not a separate harness. The Toyota floor harness without lockers is missing the 5 wires for the rear locker. Every LX450 that I have dealt with (including unlocked) has had those wires in the harness.

You do need the pig tail harnesses to go to the axles. On the rear, it goes from the tool box compartment to the axle and includes the ABS wiring, so replaces that harness.

As Tools said, the locker wiring is already there in the Lexus. It isn't in the unlocked Toyota. You are good to go and damn lucky too because pinning the extra wires into the body harness of an unlocked FZJ80 is kind-of a pain in the ass. I just did it with my 80. Doable but not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom