Is 3FE manual available in PDF form & other trivia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this at the end of another old thread and no one responded. I know folks don't appreciate when you come to a forum and ask a question without first searching, but I have been searching this forum and others for several days looking for a 3FE engine manual in PDF form. I found a post talking about signing on a Toyoto site for $10 a day but they never said if the manuals could be downloaded in PDF form from that site or not. I found the birfield (sp?) site and downloaded what looks like a manual for my new (I am a new first time owner) '90 FJ62 body , only with the driver side on the right. No problem, can read it in a mirror :) but seriously, I don't need a hard copy of the manual because I won't be doing that much repair (I hope not).

My FJ62 runs rough at idle. I ran 4 quarts of Barrimans through it as suggested by a mechanic I had look over it when I was purchasing it. (Mechanic said it was running "lean".) It still runs rough at idle but I read a bunch of posts here where it is suggested to change out the fuel pressure regulator. If I can't find the whole FSM in PDF for the engine, then I guess my next question would be where do you find the fuel pressure regulator?

It looks like these cars have a big following, so I look forward to visiting here from time to time as I get time to work on my new toy. It looks like there is a lot of expertise!

Welcome to the board.

The FSM is really helpful, more so than the Chilton style manuals. I have not seen the FJ manuals in PDF form except for on the Birfield.com website.

The FSM is cheapest through C-dan (member on this board) or through Toyotaworld.com.

Good luck.

By the way.......you will want the 1990 FSM for the 3FE.

It combines two seperate manuals from the 88 and 89 model years.

The info in the 3FE files section will be extremely usefull to you also !!!!

Thanks for all the helpful info. I called Toyota today and they say that the 1990 FSM is one book and the part number 00400 RM154. This doesn't mesh with what I am reading here.

Can you clarify what part number books will best serve this shade tree mechanic who is a new owner of a 1990 FJ62. (I am assuming that I have a 3FE engine from what I have read here - I guess I should check!!!)

Thanks again!

Yes the 1990 manual is one book. It includes all the info that was previously in two seperate manuals.

And yes you have a 3FE......Welcome to the club..!!!!!!

I'm at work and don't know the Part Number offhand, but I'm sure you can find it at the 3FE yahoo site that I linked to earlier (up the thread).

Again; welcome to the 3FE clan !!!!!

What Dale said. Join the 3FE list, order the FSM from Toyota (there is only one 1990 Land Cruiser manual, so don't worry about the part number). Go to the 3FE website linked by Dale and go to the files section, read the welcome message, and start reading all the stuff in the "lessons learned" folder. Rough idle is a common problem with many possible fixes. Search the 3FE archives at Birfield.com for answers. Go ahead and introduce yourself on the list and ask questions - we may direct you to the archives but probably will also give you some good pointers and definitely will give you a nice welcome.

Also, being in Dallas, you should join Lone Star Land Cruisers : http://www.lslc.org These guys are an awesome resource.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom