Ironman Winch to ARB Bull Bar....has anyone installed one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dogwashetc.com
Tried to install the 12k Ironman winch to my ARB Bull Bar and the ground stud hits the the front of the bumper. What was your solution to get it to mount flush? Grind the stud down or possibly grind in to the bumper?

Did you figure out a fix, or can you ‘clock’ the winch / solenoid pack to move the stud like you can with some other brand winches?

If it’s still a problem, might toss a pic or 2 up to see what’s going sideways for you....

Tried to install the 12k Ironman winch to my ARB Bull Bar and the ground stud hits the the front of the bumper. What was your solution to get it to mount flush? Grind the stud down or possibly grind in to the bumper?
I have this exact setup with the 12K Ironman4x4 winch. I used the square spacers for Superstruts (from Homedepot). The spacers are magnetic so they stay in place. I also used longer grade 8 bolts to reach the mounting nuts of the winch.

Did you figure out a fix, or can you ‘clock’ the winch / solenoid pack to move the stud like you can with some other brand winches?

If it’s still a problem, might toss a pic or 2 up to see what’s going sideways for you....
Hi Guys,
Really interested in this thread, as I have exactly the same combination sitting in the garage ready to install on my 80. (ie old style ARB bumper and old Ironman 12k winch.) So before I attempt it, cab I also ask if anyone has photos so I understand what the issue is beforehand. Many thanks.

Yes. Spacers with longer bolts is the solution.

Hi Guys,
Really interested in this thread, as I have exactly the same combination sitting in the garage ready to install on my 80. (ie old style ARB bumper and old Ironman 12k winch.) So before I attempt it, cab I also ask if anyone has photos so I understand what the issue is beforehand. Many thanks.

Sorry guys..... don't understand why this message has repeatedly posted?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom