Ironman snorkel vs fleaBay snorkel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anybody been able to compare the Ironman snorkel vs the eBay snorkels? Overall quality, materials, fit & finish? I was considering getting the eBay snorkel which is going for about $180 shipped but I also saw the Ironman snorkel which I can get for about $257 shipped. Is the Ironman worth the small price difference, or are they both made out of the same cheap plastics?

http://shop.cruiserparts.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3496

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wall-For-90...odel:Land+Cruiser&hash=item1c2d23523f&vxp=mtr

I don't know...
It seems worth 50$ to use a supporting vendor rather than some Ebay dude.
Edit with shipping it is more than 50$ but I still think I would rather spend my money here..
That Ebay one is shipping directly from china.

Yeah, while I'm not too worried about UV damage from the eBay, it does seem like the Ironman might be a better choice for about $80 more. Several folks have had their eBay snorkels for a while now with no issues. But we have no idea what materials they're using. Ironman said this in a press release:

http://www.ironman4x4.com/pdfs/Ironman 4x4 Snorkel Bulletin.pdf

Ironman Airforce Snorkels are

- Manufactured from imported premium quality Exxon Mobil Polyethylene ( LLPDE )
- Rotationally molded from precise 2 piece CNC machined aluminium dies offering high quality and precise
tolerance for fitment
- Not blended with inferior product during production.​

The LLPDE material chosen for Ironman Airforce Snorkels is tested by Exxon Mobil for UV stabilisation, impact strength and stress crack resistance.

Exxon Mobil states the LLPDE used in Ironman Airforce Snorkels is ideal for rotational moulding for applications requiring excellent dimensional control and low warpage.

eBay snorkels are using HDPE. Probably the most overkill type of plastic for it's purpose. I will say the eBay snorkels do NOT have the same scratch resistance as the name brands. My finish is scarred pretty good already.

Eli at Camel 4x4 usually has 10% off sales throughout the year to help bring the cost down.

Just bought this truck with the Ironman sorkel already on it, so I have no opinion one way or another
z.JPG
x.JPG

that snorkel looks exactly like the chinese ebay ones

I'm with Duggy.

Thanks for the pics. I was just hoping it might look a little better than others but looks just like all of them I have ever had or seen.

I put an Ironman on my truck a few months ago. Fit and finish is good, and the parts appear to be good quality (stainless bolts etc.). I haven't compared it to a FleaBay one, but have had a close look at a Safari, and for my money the Ironman looks like a great value. If course I haven't compared them at the molecular level, but where I live its never 100deg for more than a week a year, and the rest of the time its raining.

There's my unbiased (Really!) $0.02

that snorkel looks exactly like the chinese ebay ones
Ha don't they all look the same?? I was more concerned with the quality of the materials used because after all, it's just a damn black tube coming out of your fender :)

Thanks for the pics BJ71! Unless I find an eBay one for less than $180, I think I might spend the extra and go with the Ironman snorkel, since I'm sure they'd stand behind their product more than a random eBay China seller :)

Looks like the real ironman says iron man 4x4 and the knock off doesn't , but that eBay doesn't look bad at all

ebay ones dont look bad at first but they develop cracks over time, the plastic is just cheap. Theyre also exact copies of the Safari ones, to the point that they have the logo stencil on the pipe and the safari logo crudely filed off

The Ironman one is good plastic and will last the lifetime of the vehicle. I wouldnt buy chinese knock offs, especially not when it implies drilling a big ass hole on the side of a car to fit it.

Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom