IronMan Snorkel install with pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So last night I installed mt IronMan Snorkel. I took some pictures as I went. Overall install went really well. The only problem I had was my template was ripped which caused my holes to be off just a hair. No big deal, just had to make them a little bigger. So first off you have to remove the air box assembly. Next thing I did was line up the template and break out the drill. I used a 92mm hole saw. I also used a punch to ensure the drill bit wouldn't hop around. I used a step bit for all the mounting studs which was really easy. After I test fit and mocked it up, I removed snorkel and used some back Rustoleum to spray on the holes for future rust prevention. My install took a little longer than I thought because of where I have my second battery mounted. Again no big deal. I took my time on everything and it ended up taking 3.5 hours. Well here are the pics. Let me know what you think.
2010-12-28 18.39.22.jpg

Last edited:
pics

More pics
2010-12-28 18.42.39.jpg
2010-12-28 19.16.14.jpg
2010-12-28 19.45.07.jpg

more pics

more pics
2010-12-28 19.45.15.jpg
2010-12-28 19.48.23.jpg
2010-12-28 19.53.22.jpg

pics

more pics
2010-12-28 22.07.54.jpg
2010-12-28 22.09.23.jpg
2010-12-28 22.08.10.jpg

Buy me one and I'll see if I can istall it faster.

Nice.:clap: Was there any clearance issues between the antenna base and the snorkel?

It was touching antenna by about a millimeter. So I thought about doing the heat gun and pipe thing but really didnt need to. I just took a razor blade and sliced about a millimeter form the rubber base of the antenna and it fit perfectly.

if I didn't know better I'd say that is a Safari snorkel.

I looked at a ton of install threads on Safaris and template and everything else looks the same. Maybe a re badged Safari?

NIce write up and pictures. Was it difficult to get to rear bolts? Was the antenae in the way?

NIce write up and pictures. Was it difficult to get to rear bolts? Was the antenae in the way?

Yes they were a pain in the a$$. Luckily I don't have arms like the Hulk.

I still don't know how anyone gets those back bolts..... i've got incredibly long arms but they are way too thick to do that...... I've got the snorkle sitting in the garage but no way to do it.

Can I rent your arms for a weekend.

I still don't know how anyone gets those back bolts..... i've got incredibly long arms but they are way too thick to do that...... I've got the snorkle sitting in the garage but no way to do it.

Can I rent your arms for a weekend.

Ha ha maybe bring it to OBX this summer and we will slap it on.:flipoff2:

After reading this on their site....

http://www.ironman4x4.com/pdfs/Ironman 4x4 Snorkel Bulletin.pdf

I've come to the conclusion that it's not a licensed design from Safari and is a copy instead, since this seems to be targetted towards Safari's warnings about imported cheap snorkles. (although I could be wrong)

However, since Ironman appears to also be based in Australia, I would guess that Safari could take legal action if they have any patent claims, but they probably do not, or they would have. Unlike the Chinese copies that they can't do anything about.

The design might be very similiar, but materials are probably not and at least unlike other true copykat manufactures in Asia, Ironman was nice enough to creat it's own molds and not make a direct copy complete with Safari's logo.

Last edited:
Is this available in the US? how much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom