Ironman Skid Plates for a 2008? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More pictures

0AD5D86B-5174-4EC3-B658-CB844C5EE9F7.jpeg

4A4B15FA-3E0A-42C3-B940-E0F449C66FD1.jpeg

@CMiller where are you guys at with confirming these will work on models prior to 2015? Looking for something for my 2013.

Any reason these wouldn't work with a diff drop? I realize I'd probably need longer bolts and to reuse (or add a few) 1" spacers to drop the skid around the front diff bolts, but with the longer bolts and spacers provided with my 1" DD kit the factory skids fit fine.

Is there a transfer case skid plate? Or a recommendation of another brand that would mount up with yours?

@CMiller where are you guys at with confirming these will work on models prior to 2015? Looking for something for my 2013.

Any reason these wouldn't work with a diff drop? I realize I'd probably need longer bolts and to reuse (or add a few) 1" spacers to drop the skid around the front diff bolts, but with the longer bolts and spacers provided with my 1" DD kit the factory skids fit fine.

Is there a transfer case skid plate? Or a recommendation of another brand that would mount up with yours?
We are actively working on it. We have a small parts team so just trying to get it in line with their schedule and workload.

Diff drops sometimes will interfere with skid plates fitment so be careful there. You are thinking correctly about possible longer bolts needed, but it depends on the plates. On our 2018 LC we do not have a diff drop so no fitment issues. Also, we recommend trying to keep at least 60mm of down travel on the front end when lifted. Otherwise, you will start to sacrifice comfort and handling. If this spec is maintained then a front diff drop is usually not needed.

The skid plates cover to the back of the gearbox but not the full t-case.

Hope this helps!

We are actively working on it. We have a small parts team so just trying to get it in line with their schedule and workload.

Diff drops sometimes will interfere with skid plates fitment so be careful there. You are thinking correctly about possible longer bolts needed, but it depends on the plates. On our 2018 LC we do not have a diff drop so no fitment issues. Also, we recommend trying to keep at least 60mm of down travel on the front end when lifted. Otherwise, you will start to sacrifice comfort and handling. If this spec is maintained then a front diff drop is usually not needed.

The skid plates cover to the back of the gearbox but not the full t-case.

Hope this helps!
Do you still need mine to test fit?!?!:)

Hmm…the pics don’t show any access holes for the oil filter or oil drain plug, but on the site:

‘Service inspection holes (where appropriate) allows for easy inspection and access during routine maintenance. (Ironman 4x4 recommends to remove protection plates when draining fluids)’

@CMiller or @White wings - bumping this thread. I think people are still trying to understand if/why the 200 skid plates wouldn’t wouldn’t work - understood that the current options from Ironman are designed and created based on Aussie spec cruisers - but it’s becoming travel/overlanding/off-roaring season and inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom