Ironman Rear Shock Lower Mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone post a picture of what the lower mount looks like on their ironman shocks. Mine has a 2 piece bushing and has lateral and vertical play....With the lower mount bolt totally snug I'm still about half an inch from the washer on the bolt to the beginning of the rubber for the shock mount. Something is definitely not right here

Trying to see what others look like and if I'm missing something or maybe got the wrong bushings with my shocks

Here is the side by side compare between the OEM and ironman. Hope this helps.

Well my rear shocks officially look nothing like that on the lower end. Mine is just a 2 piece bushing with no metal sleeve.

Well my rear shocks officially look nothing like that on the lower end. Mine is just a 2 piece bushing with no metal sleeve.
Are you running the Iron Man Nitro Gas Shocks? I used to run them and that’s how mine were. 2 bushings without a sleeve. I never had a problem though.

I've got the base foam cell shocks. My issue with the bushings are that their I.D. is greater than the O.D. of the shock mount and they are not wide enough to take up the full length of the shock mount. I have a few washers added in to eliminate lateral movement but still have a bit of vertical movement.

Should I have anything else to keep them tight on the mount besides the bolt with the fixed washer to tighten?

I've got the base foam cell shocks. My issue with the bushings are that their I.D. is greater than the O.D. of the shock mount and they are not wide enough to take up the full length of the shock mount. I have a few washers added in to eliminate lateral movement but still have a bit of vertical movement.

Should I have anything else to keep them tight on the mount besides the bolt with the fixed washer to tighten?
Sorry. Cant help you there. I’ve only had Iron Man Nitro Gas and Iron Man Foam Cell Pro. Where did you get them from? If you got them from Metaltech I would definitely give them a call. Ask for John. He’s super helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom