IRONMAN NITRO GAS 2" LIFT KIT SUITED FOR TOYOTA 100 SERIES LAND CRUISER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched a bit and didn't see an answer to my question, so here goes.
What is the ride like with the ironman 2 inch lift? I will be putting a front and rear bumper on, but only loaded up when we go camping and thats not too often. I dont want to turn the ride into something that is harsh and not pleasurable to take long trips on, so something that still rides nice is VERY important to me. The Ironman has a great price, but I only want to buy one lift kit even if it cost a little more. I know Im not the only one out there that wants a lift, but wants the good ride too. LOL. Looking forward to hearing everyones imputes on this.

Most folks get the Foam Cell kit as it is a signficant performance upgrade from the Nitros. The Nitros have been compared to the Old Man Emu Sports. They are a much sportier feel than stock, which means improved cornering and braking (less front end dive), but you will feel more small bumps and there will be more feedback from the road.

I liked the Old Man Emu shocks, but not everyone likes that ride quality.

I have the Ironman Nitro lift kit... and love it. Had it on when truck was nearly stock, and was a huge improvement in ride quality over my tired LC100 susp. (I removed AHC long time ago). Absolutely no complaints about the Nitro shocks. On and off road, ride has been great, comfy, and vehicle feels totally under control.

Currently added dual batt, front bumper, winch, and drawers... and ride is still great. If or when these shocks ever go bad, I'll try the Foam Pros... but no complaints on the Nitros.

1612291632922.png

Most folks get the Foam Cell kit as it is a signficant performance upgrade from the Nitros. The Nitros have been compared to the Old Man Emu Sports. They are a much sportier feel than stock, which means improved cornering and braking (less front end dive), but you will feel more small bumps and there will be more feedback from the road.

I liked the Old Man Emu shocks, but not everyone likes that ride quality.
Ironman told me the valving was identical on the nitro and foam cell pro; just the construction of the shock was different. IDK, I bought nitros but we'll see if I regret it later.

I have had the Nitro shocks for about 2 years. I had to replace one about a month in due to it leaking oil. I replaced a second 15 months in as it was dead. I feel like others have had success with their Nitro shocks, but I cannot recommend them. Wish I would have purchased foam cell or gone a different route. I don't get off-road as often as I would like and only have 10k miles on these shocks.

My apologies if this is repetitive. I have 2004 LX 470 and am looking for a all around functional lift height. Is the picture of your LX a 2" lift? If so, what tire size did you go with? What bumper is shown in the picture? Did you have to do anything with the computer and codes due to removing the AHC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom