Ironman Lift One Side Higher (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy again. I just had my Ironman Stage One 2inch Lift with Foam Shocks installed on my 105 (Had to buy the 80 kit) and the Right Side is 1 inch higher than the other. Is there an obvious f&$k up my "mechanic" made? He's stumped. My mechanical skills are limited to 1 year of shop class, so I'm stumped too. There is no way to put them on the wrong sides, right? Thanks.

PS, I'm on an Island in a third world country so good mechanics are like Conch pearls around here. Extremely rare.

IMG_20210925_102906.jpg

IMG_20210925_102935.jpg

The longer spring should go on the driver side.

Something that should have been obvious then?

Most Pairs of springs come with one spring that is slightly taller than the other.
Mechanic claims his shop guys didn't see any. Are they clearly marked? Don't see how this could have been overlooked so easily. Rear is exactly one inch higher on the passenger side and front is 3/4 inch.

Hard to tell from the Pic, but I noticed it right away when it came off the lift. Took it for a drive down a bumpy road to see if it "settled". Nope.

IMG_20210925_124614.jpg

This is NOT the first time this has come up. How $*#&ing hard would be for these manufacturers to put D-Side and P-Side stickers on the springs? Hell, my cycling socks say "On Your Left" on one of them... and they're a little easier to swap than springs.

Did they install caster correction bushes? The diff relation to drive shaft looks a little funky from here too

Here's the Ironman instructions. Springs should be marked D/S or N/S

Attachments

• Ironman-Coil-Spring-Instructions.pdf
    172.7 KB · Views: 82
This is NOT the first time this has come up. How $*#&ing hard would be for these manufacturers to put D-Side and P-Side stickers on the springs? Hell, my cycling socks say "On Your Left" on one of them... and they're a little easier to swap than springs.
D & P would create another problem.

My understanding is that the slightly longer spring is to compensate for the weight of the seated driver, regardless of if it's a LHD or RHD vehicle, so marking the springs right or left wouldn't work for a percentage of the world.

EDIT: I guess the driver's side also has a bit more weight with steering gear, master cylinder(s), pedal box etc. too so it's not just the driver's mass that would skew the weight distribution towards what ever side the driver was normally located

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom