Ironman Lift installed, might be to high (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had the ironman stage 2 lift installed today, all shocks, springs, diff drop, torsion bars. Also added extended sway bar links front and rear from trailtailor.

The problem or not, is I've gained 4" inches front to back on lift, and this kit shows 2". So I'll either need to replace uca's, or crank down the torsion bars.

Does anyone think the rear will level itself down over time? Also, recommendations on uca's.

Wasn't planning on dropping another $700 on uca's, buy might have to.

20210401_154449.jpg

20210402_171738.jpg

20210402_171621.jpg

The front end looks high. Appears that you might even have negative rake (if that's a thing). Measurements from hub to fender? I'd say start by lowering your TBs before looking at UCAs or anything further, and what do your CV angles look like?

I think its the pic,, it's about the same height all the way around, I'll lower them down and see what happens.

cv's look fine, I think the diff drop handled that fine

I'm guessing you probably know this, but wth. If the rear springs are really that much higher than the front lift, then you may have gotten a set rated for carrying more weight. Different manufacturers spec them in different ways (light/medium/heavy, or +400, +800, etc.). The first Ironman ones I could look up quickly look to be "performance", rated for 0-440lbs extra cargo weight. So maybe tossing in a few hundred pounds will help them settle.

The front end looks high. Appears that you might even have negative rake (if that's a thing). Measurements from hub to fender? I'd say start by lowering your TBs before looking at UCAs or anything further, and what do your CV angles look like?
Mayyyyyybe it’s cuz the front tires are smaller???? Kidding aside, measure center of hub to fender lip. Don’t most folks on here recommend additional aftermarket gear for angles and what not at Beyond 21 or 22 in front and with the appropriate rake the rear would be between 22-24.

I think there is such thing as settling but If you have no added load might need to Check to make sure you don’t receive the wrong spring

Last edited:
What springs did you select for the rear? 0-440 or 440-800? Mine had the 0-440 and the rear end leveled out where it's an inch higher than the front (the proper rake) within 2 months of install. Front does look high though

Just checked the original order and the 0-440 was ordered (Rear Coil Springs: 2" Lift Performance Load (0-440LBS Additional Payload))

Guess I'll throw some weight in the back, and lower the torsion bars, I told the shop to level close to the rear, so that's on me. They did an excellent job installing and charged a fair price too

Mayyyyyybe it’s cuz the front tires are smaller???? Kidding aside, measure center of hub to fender lip. Don’t most folks on here recommend additional aftermarket gear for angles and what not at Beyond 21 or 22 in front and with the appropriate rake the rear would be between 22-24.

I think there is such thing as settling but If you have no added load might need to Check to make sure you don’t receive the wrong spring
No your right. lol Waiting on some 18" ray 10's, then spacers, and 285's

The wheels now are stock 16", they were newely installed when I bought this, so they'll be on till I can get some scs wheels

No your right. lol Waiting on some 18" ray 10's, then spacers, and 285's

The wheels now are stock 16", they were newely installed when I bought this, so they'll be on till I can get some scs wheels
Did you ever get this figured out? I’m having a similar issue where I got a 4” lift in the rear instead of 2”

So I am going through something similar after just having installed the TOY013B (Performance Springs) and the lift being bigger than I technically wanted.

It is important to understand what your hub-to-fender measure was in the beginning to understand how much your original suspension was sagging. In my case, I originally measured 19.5” in the rear. From my research this was sagging about 1” from stock (stock measure seems to be about 20.5” in the rear). Since the TOY013B is specified as providing 2” lift over stock, I calculated that my new height after install would be around 22.5”. My measurements after installed confirmed this to be correct.

In my case, I knew it was going to be this high, but there really isn’t a better option for me (besides airbags). OEM replacement springs are available, but at a cost of more than double most aftermarket springs. Alternatively, the common spring that most people get is the OME 860. From the specification this is listed as a 2.5” lift over stock with a spring rate of 220lbs/in. Interesting side point that the OME 860 is specified as being slightly shorter and with a spring force 9 lbf/in smaller than the TOY013B, but is still listed as providing a lift of 1/2” higher (neither manufacturer could clarify why so I assume this might be incorrect). The other common spring alternative is the OME 865 which is shorter than the stock spring and has the same spring rate as the 860. It seems most do not recommend this since it will compress to shorter than stock with load added. Of course this list is not comprehensive and I didn’t touch on some of the other options like Dobinsons which are another common one that others may have.

@Cosmo Kramer did your truck settled down after using it 6 months?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom