Ironman 4x4 Nitro suspension 2 inch lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kyle, did you end up getting the Ironman kit? I am 70% in on buying the Nitro shocks.

Yes sir--everything went well besides some broken bolts and nuts. I haven't had it off road yet but so far it has been great.

60358327585--1FC3C0E5-7377-4588-96C3-1A104168C047.JPG

IMG-1048.jpg

IMG-1050.jpg

Nice!

I have my 4" iron man lift coming in this week and some Eimkeith brackets welding on wednesday!

Did you end up pulling the trigger on that lift?

I installed the 2” recently, so far very pleased with the ride. Haven’t gotten it dirty yet but it’s been fine around town.

CCF89DF5-90E6-42A9-8490-D066CDED0C84.jpeg

My take is that you will want to change the caster, my trucks handling from a ride perspective improved greatly with a new suspension but it has to be managed above 50 mph as it wants to wonder. This kit comes with correction bushings which I did not install. I've bought the LandTank 2.5" correction plates from NLXTACY and I'm on the fence with going with these vs. going to the 4" plates for more correction in the event I go higher. This kit raised me to 22" in the front but I've got some stink bug (I'm light right now, stock bumpers). If I want to add a 1" spacer to level her I'd be right at the limit of the 2.5" correction plates and I'm thinking that additional correction is not going to hurt me.

I'm thinking about pulling the plug on this IronMan 2" kit w/ steering damper and caster bushings. I don't do any offroading. As long as I install the new new bushings and get a proper alignment, will I still run into problems with my 80 wandering if I go above 50mph?

I'm thinking about pulling the plug on this IronMan 2" kit w/ steering damper and caster bushings. I don't do any offroading. As long as I install the new new bushings and get a proper alignment, will I still run into problems with my 80 wandering if I go above 50mph?
You’ll likely be at the lower end of the spec range for caster, 2 degrees. It will wander more than stock.

Following on this. Looking at pulling the trigger on the Ironman Foam Cell Pro 2" w/ the steering damper. I do some off-road. I do drive freeway pretty consistently. Will I need the damper? They're running this deal where you get the LED lights free. They were sold out of the cheaper version, the regular foam cell.

Is it overkill for the "pro" version? I have a quote with OME right now for about the same price for the same stuff. Didn't know if this "pro" version was better tech at a discount.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 12.24.13 PM.png

I have not received an answer as to what the exact differences between the pro and non-pro foam cells are. I can only deduce that the pros are larger and dissipate heat better. I don't know how that translates to both on and off the road handling. I have heard that they ride more harshly on-pavement than OME. This gives me pause about purchasing, but I would love to hear about how they handle compared to stock and OME.

Same. I really would love to know the advantages. I have a quote right now for an OME medium-lift kit and an Ironman pro foam lift kit, both for the same price.

W/ the Ironman, you get the free LEDs. Just curious if anyone has run the Ironman and would vouch over OME. The tech does seem pretty cool after watching some videos from Ironman.

I’ve been running the 50mm Ironman performance series coils and various shocks for ~10 years now. I had to add coil spacers up front after doing the winch and bumper and I now have airbags in the back coils to help them out when it gets really loaded down.

I originally had the nitro gas shocks and then went foam cells which were slightly larger and just have foam inside the shock. They rode a little bit firmer, but that might have just been due to the new shocks vs old ones the replaced. Haven’t really had any problems

I’d bet the foam cell pros just have a larger body diameter.

30E9602F-EE53-4A7D-BBEF-1763BB57C6C9.jpeg

And here’s how my cruiser sits today
CE6BDF91-75FE-49E6-BDA5-1EAC657BEA49.jpeg

I’ve been running the 50mm Ironman performance series coils and various shocks for ~10 years now. I had to add coil spacers up front after doing the winch and bumper and I now have airbags in the back coils to help them out when it gets really loaded down.

I originally had the nitro gas shocks and then went foam cells which were slightly larger and just have foam inside the shock. They rode a little bit firmer, but that might have just been due to the new shocks vs old ones the replaced. Haven’t really had any problems

I’d bet the foam cell pros just have a larger body diameter.

View attachment 2294281

And here’s how my cruiser sits today
View attachment 2294280

This feedback is super valuable! Rig looks super good too, btw.

Did you like the Ironman Nitros equally then? For the money, I feel like I could get both a bumper and the nitros.

Currently, on the site, they have the 0-440lbs available in stock. Would the bumper be too heavy of a load for that setup?

This feedback is super valuable! Rig looks super good too, btw.

Did you like the Ironman Nitros equally then? For the money, I feel like I could get both a bumper and the nitros.

Currently, on the site, they have the 0-440lbs available in stock. Would the bumper be too heavy of a load for that setup?
Nitros and performance coils work just fine with the bumper... they look good too. *NOTE* I work at Ironman 4x4 America, so take of it what you will. Cheers! John

FJ80 bumper 4.jpg

I have not received an answer as to what the exact differences between the pro and non-pro foam cells are. I can only deduce that the pros are larger and dissipate heat better. I don't know how that translates to both on and off the road handling. I have heard that they ride more harshly on-pavement than OME. This gives me pause about purchasing, but I would love to hear about how they handle compared to stock and OME.

I'm running the 2.5 inch lift with foam cell pros from Ironman. Unloaded is a bit stiff but as soon as there is a load, I really like how the truck drives. For reference, I have an Ironman bull bar on the front end and sandbags in the cargo area. As soon as I get some drawers built, sandbags won't be needed. I find approx. 150lbs of load is a sweet spot. I don't have problems wandering on the highway although it doesn't feel like it tracks quite as well as stock above 65mph.

I've been running the Ironman 4" kit since 2010 on 2 different 80s. My 80s have always been daily drivers and they get wheeled when I have time.
In my opinion, and that is of course subjective, it is a much nicer ride than the 2 OME kits I had before that.
In 2017 I had to replace the shocks because they were getting torn up from rocks and salt. I went with the larger foam cell "pro" shocks using all OEM rubber bushings. That improved the ride substantially. We did a 7600 mile road trip with this setup.

Last year, those rear springs started to sag to one side, so I replaced all 4 with new. Again, I stayed with the 4" springs, and she picked up a bit of height, but not much. Again, the ride was improved. Did a 4200 mile trip.
This year I added the Delta Vehicle Systems 4" caster correcting arms with OEM bushings and new OEM hardware, and this truck is an absolute pleasure to drive. I was hoping to get to the Rubicon in September, but it looks like that will have to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom