Ironman 4x4 Nitro suspension 2 inch lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have had our ironman 2.5" lift for over 10 years and 75k mile with 0 complaints. I am actually gonna put their lift on the wife's 2019 4Runner TRD Off Road.

73B0C333-78BC-4950-A065-DB9571C019F4.jpeg

i upgraded the rear 220lb coils to a set of 660 and added a set of front 220lb coils.
Ironman trailing arms and a set of their caster correction plates, plus the EimKeith panhard raise bracket, and the truck is officially "boring" to drive.
Boring = stays in the lane, doesn't wander, does exactly what i need.

RTT, full load of food and fridge and drawers, front bumper, winch, and 35's and it drives like a legit dream.

I have not received an answer as to what the exact differences between the pro and non-pro foam cells are. I can only deduce that the pros are larger and dissipate heat better. I don't know how that translates to both on and off the road handling. I have heard that they ride more harshly on-pavement than OME. This gives me pause about purchasing, but I would love to hear about how they handle compared to stock and OME.

Here's a few things I know for sure is different. Maybe @CMiller can give us the full rundown on difference in Foam Cell vs Foam Cell Pro.

The Ironman Foam Cell Pro:
Larger, more oil for cooling
Rebuild-able

Nitro-gas has a 2” shock body which is bigger than most, twin tube which results in a more durable shock, high grade oil and a low nitrogen charge which produces a smoother response from the shock and puts less stress on the seals vs a high charge you see from other brands. If your vehicle is a daily driver, you head off road onto trails at the weekends it’s a great option. Foam cell technology removes the nitrogen gas in place of the foam cell sleeve, this reduces all internal stress on the seals, it also allows for more oil and zero chance of emulsification from overheating. Foam cells a a 3” shock body, huge oil capacity, twin tube and built like a tank. If you do all of the above activity and more, a heavy rig, multi week touring foam Cell’s will just eat it up.

oh, forgot to mention. i have the ironman coils and caster plates paired with Bilstein 5100's.
i would definitely NOT go with the Bilsteins again. very hard ride

Maybe next year. The blistiens are handling better now that I’ve changed the organization within the truck. Heavier drawers and a trailer coming up soon will definitely wear these out fast

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom