Ironman 4x4 Deals on Suspension, Recovery, Armor and More. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am in no way affiliated either.

20yrs ago I got a set of Ironman springs for my FJ55, that was way before Ironman America so I have no experience with these guys.

However, the product was great, what makes leaf springs great? I don't know, but they rode fantastic and flexed amazingly well.

Ive heard quality isn't the same, I've heard they are made offshore now, but the overwhelming reviews are of good quality products,, and I had a quality product back then.

So,, I ordered a set for the FJ75 based on my previous experience. If quality is the same as I remember, I'm gonna be happy.

I called and spoke with Bubba today, and he was helpful. We altered my order because we calculated my expected load to come in around 350 pounds, which caused me to lower the rear spring option to the standard performance option for my rig. Bubba helped changed that order over the phone.

I suppose if I ever add a set of drawers and load them up, I may occasionally exceed the constant load, but the loaded drawers do not have to be a constant load (nor do the full jerry cans).

Bubba indicates that these should ship in 7-10 days (I paraphrase the estimate... I was so happy that he didn't say five to seven months, that I don't recall if might have said 5-7 days).

I cannot seem to get a reply on a direct message so I hope to get an answer or recommendation from the forum here. I hope to get an order in today, but am unsure of which of Ironman’s kits are right for my build.

I am starting with a stock ‘99 and will be adding rock sliders, rear bumper with tire and possibly a second swing-out, and a front bumper.
Just got your message! We will get you squared away. Sorry we have been super busy lately which is a good problem to have :)

QUOTE="SeekerJAE, post: 13884973, member: 186488"]
I cannot seem to get a reply on a direct message so I hope to get an answer or recommendation from the forum here. I hope to get an order in today, but am unsure of which of Ironman’s kits are right for my build.

Seems to be the norm, unfortunately, not sure why but they are pretty hard to get ahold of and slow to ship orders out.

But on the plus side, the product is solid.
[/QUOTE]
We combined 3 warehouse into one massive new building and were waiting on some containers to arrive. It has been a process but we are just about caught up on shipping orders as well as keeping up with all the new ones flooding in. We appreciate everyone's patience with us as we prepare to have a huge inventory to pull from constantly!

I called and spoke with Bubba today, and he was helpful. We altered my order because we calculated my expected load to come in around 350 pounds, which caused me to lower the rear spring option to the standard performance option for my rig. Bubba helped changed that order over the phone.

I suppose if I ever add a set of drawers and load them up, I may occasionally exceed the constant load, but the loaded drawers do not have to be a constant load (nor do the full jerry cans).

Bubba indicates that these should ship in 7-10 days (I paraphrase the estimate... I was so happy that he didn't say five to seven months, that I don't recall if might have said 5-7 days).
He is great! Glad he got you all squared away!

Perhaps I am not searching correctly, but is there a relevant “how to” reference that I can use to install my Ironman stage 2-performance kit on my LC100 somewhere here or off-site?

Last edited:
Okay, we're doing something VERY special here just for our IH8Mud family! Jump on it before my boss sees what I've done...

30% OFF (nearly) everything in the store, excludes sale items.
Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Roading Truck Equipment and Accessories - https://ironman4x4america.com
  • Use code: IH8MUD30
  • FREE Heavy Duty Air Compressor with every suspension kit purchase
  • FREE Shipping on orders over $50 to the Lower 48 Sta
This is AWESOME!! When is the deadline? What if parts I want are out of stock?
@Ironman 4x4 USA I thought you're the boss? :hmm:

Okay, we're doing something VERY special here just for our IH8Mud family! Jump on it before my boss sees what I've done...

30% OFF (nearly) everything in the store, excludes sale items.
Ironman 4x4 America | Off-Roading Truck Equipment and Accessories - https://ironman4x4america.com
  • Use code: IH8MUD30
Just tried the code this morning.. website says code “does not exist”. Hopefully it can get worked out, I’m looking forward to placing an order!

I tried to look up parts for my 60 last night and they don't list anything tried again just now and still the same, I know they have stuff for the 60 but nothing is coming up. Calling @Ironman 4x4 USA and @Ironman4x4Bubba I'm sure they will sort this out.;)

Sorry for the code trouble, All. We got this resolved on Friday so, hopefully you were able to get your orders in over the weekend.
The sale runs through midnight on July 5 so order now if you haven't already.

Our new Raid Series bumpers and rock sliders are also included in the sale.

Use code: SITEWIDE25

Okay, we're doing something VERY special here just for our IH8Mud family! Grab all your gear before it ends.

25% OFF (nearly) everything in the store, excludes sale items.
  • Use code: IH8MUD25
Hello Ironman. Got my suspension in today, but no air compressor. Is that still a thing or did it expire?

Thanks

I tried to look up parts for my 60 last night and they don't list anything tried again just now and still the same, I know they have stuff for the 60 but nothing is coming up. Calling @Ironman 4x4 USA and @Ironman4x4Bubba I'm sure they will sort this out.;)

Every 60 series suspension kit has been out of stock forever. I ordered a 60 series kit in 2020 but ended up cancelling after 3 months of waiting. The staff was courteous and they are at the mercy of what comes in from Australia. A word of advice to anyone interested contemplating an order. Confirm the parts are on the shelf in the USA before placing the order.

Every 60 series suspension kit has been out of stock forever. I ordered a 60 series kit in 2020 but ended up cancelling after 3 months of waiting. The staff was courteous and they are at the mercy of what comes in from Australia. A word of advice to anyone interested contemplating an order. Confirm the parts are on the shelf in the USA before placing the order.
I'm kind of on a holding pattern at the moment since most of the suspension kit is out of stock, i might just end up buying individual items that i need and get my suspension done sooner. Thanks for the heads up @xtremeVA .

I recently bought a suspension kit for my FJ60 from Ironman4x4 with the 25% off and free air compressor deal they were doing.

Talked to a rep on the phone to help me determine spring rate, he was very helpful. Shipping was quick, leaf springs were shipped raw with a shipping label and were slightly scuffed up by the FedEx guys throwing them around, but who gives a s***, I'm just gonna scratch them up wheeling.

I got the FJ60 Performance Load springs Rear (0-440 lbs) front is i think (0-170) lbs. For shocks I went with the foam cell pro. The car currently has close to 350-400llbs extra load on the rear (rack, roof tent, spare and mount, tons of tools in trunk) and I could see if performing just fine with hundreds more pounds, it barely sags. So I'd recommend the performance load ones unless you have an insane amount of extra weight on the car.

Ride quality is a massive improvement over stock suspension, feels much more composed on the roadways, less body roll when taking corners and the rebound dampening is nicely controlled over bumpy surfaces like gravel or dirt roads. I've only been wheeling once with the new suspension, but it did great. I'm also running extended length shackles (and castor correction shims with the kit), which I'd recommend. It allows me to clear 33x12.5 KM3's with no rubbing at full articulation, I don't think they would clear with just the 2 inch lift at full articulation. I did not end up needing to extend the brake lines, the stock ones work but its pretty close, I did however extend the rear diff breather, as at full articulation that popped off. You could also just tightly secure it with a hose clamp and probably be fine, which is what I did till I picked up some longer line.

As for the portable air compressor that came with the kit, It only took me a minute or two per tire to air up from 15 to 35psi, the compressor gets hot so be sure to let it cool down before taking the air hose off, but the cool touch handle that comes with it is nice for moving it around while in use. My expectations were pretty low considering it was a free air compressor, but I was pleasantly surprised by its quality and performance.

I'm very happy with the kit, and I'd recommend it to any FJ60 owners looking to upgrade. Great performance for the price.

Attached below is a pic from the install and of how it sits with the new suspension.

IMG-4582.jpg

IMG-4583.jpg

@dhuffste Could you post under carriage shots of the springs and shocks? Glad to hear that you are happy with the set up you got I was also considering the same set up but couldn't decide if I should get the foam cell or the nitro, I decided not to order at the moment since I am still working on my son's new ride (09 Camry) getting it ready for college my FJ60 can wait another few months and hoping another good sale will be available then. Thanks for sharing your experience. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom