Ironman 4x4 Bumper - winch install from top w/o bumper removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I installed my IM bumper and it's great. Next is a winch, and looking at the front grill and space between it and the radiator, I'm wondering if any winch could be installed from the top?

Anyone tried, and with what winch?

No. I mean, you could prob get a 3500 ATV winch in there but you’re not gonna get one rated for the truck in there.

No. I mean, you could prob get a 3500 ATV winch in there but you’re not gonna get one rated for the truck in there.
Dang, yeah I figured someone would have posted if it made sense.

thanks!

That's a hard no. It's not difficult removing the bumper, it's the frame component you add the winch to.

That's a hard no. It's not difficult removing the bumper, it's the frame component you add the winch to.
It'll probably add about an hour. I mounted the long bolts upside down and then when I went to flip them I lost control of the long tube spacer. Added about 45 min and a lot of dexterity to fish them and set them upright again. Just was hoping to not have to take it all apart again, but it's ok... I'll just get it done and move on down the road to the next project.

It'll probably add about an hour. I mounted the long bolts upside down and then when I went to flip them I lost control of the long tube spacer. Added about 45 min and a lot of dexterity to fish them and set them upright again. Just was hoping to not have to take it all apart again, but it's ok... I'll just get it done and move on down the road to the next project.
You don't remove that long tube that you're talking about. That is part of the frame support that stays connected to the vehicle.

You're basically only taking the metal bumper cover off. You only need to worry about aligning it correctly when re-installing.

I highly recommend you drill the extra holes through the frame to support the bumper to the frame.

2A04981F-74C9-4B43-BCB6-6AD4938B4CF0.jpeg

8F390AC2-50A4-4FAA-8BF7-FEED8821B293.jpeg

You don't remove that long tube that you're talking about. That is part of the frame support that stays connected to the vehicle.

You're basically only taking the metal bumper cover off. You only need to worry about aligning it correctly when re-installing.

I highly recommend you drill the extra holes through the frame to support the bumper to the frame.

View attachment 3005701

View attachment 3005702
Oh, right... I don't have to pull the inner support, just the bumper shell. That shouldn't be too bad.
Thanks for the clarification.

I need to install my winch as well.
What additional holes are you you talking about?
My ARB bullbar has 3 bolts on either side holding it in place.

I need to install my winch as well.
What additional holes are you you talking about?
My ARB bullbar has 3 bolts on either side holding it in place.
Not sure if it applies to the ARB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom