Ironman 4” Foam Cell Pro 94 FZJ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the Ironman 4” foam cell pro kit sitting at my shop waiting to go on. I’ve been searching but can’t find much out there on them.
My kit includes panhard/ track bar, extended brake lines, sway bar drops and caster plates.

I have the OME 2.5 kit on there now with the caster bushings. If I install those with the caster plates will that be too much caster?

Also, I only have 33”s at the moment and waiting to get 35”s. Should I just throw the kit on with the 33s or wait until I get 35s? Just afraid it will look silly.

I’m super stoked to get this kit put on, I’ve installed about 5 or 6 FCP kits in the last week or so on some 4 runners and GXs. They seem to ride very well. Can’t wait to feel the difference on my 80.

9423B47C-B52B-4340-93DD-FA3CD811BDD4.jpeg

I ran the shocks and liked them did have little issues with the rear shocks tubing the sway bar. With 4 inch lift you will want the caster plates. More is better then less. With plates on 4 inches you’ll prob be perfect and in the correct range. Might have issues with tie rod rubbing control arms. If you do grind the arms

I ran the shocks and liked them did have little issues with the rear shocks tubing the sway bar. With 4 inch lift you will want the caster plates. More is better then less. With plates on 4 inches you’ll prob be perfect and in the correct range. Might have issues with tie rod rubbing control arms. If you do grind the arms

I definitely plan to run the caster plates, but I’m wondering if I should get Oem bushings, as using the OME 2 degree bushings with the caster plates might be too much caster.

I definitely plan to run the caster plates, but I’m wondering if I should get Oem bushings, as using the OME 2 degree bushings with the caster plates might be too much caster.

OEM Seems to be the way to go. Lots of people report issues with the offset caster bushings.

I'd put new stock bushings back in. I wouldn't be worried about "too much caster," just the problems and interference that might crop up with the tie rod and drive shaft.

Go ahead and put the kit on. Yes, it'll look silly with the 33's, but I'd like to read your review :)

I put Ironman Foam Cell Pro shocks on my 60 series recently and just did a 10 day trip, i am very pleased with the performance of the shocks.

Yes get oem bushings

I'd put new stock bushings back in. I wouldn't be worried about "too much caster," just the problems and interference that might crop up with the tie rod and drive shaft.

Go ahead and put the kit on. Yes, it'll look silly with the 33's, but I'd like to read your review :)

I’m very tempted to. Also just tired of the worn out OME ride I have now. I also will probably end up doing a full review with videos. I tried searching all I could for reviews on an 80 but no luck really other than a couple on here. Might offer one of my customers a trade on their arms. Or I get dealer prices from Toyota to get OEM bushings.

Yeah, lots of positive reviews for the ironman foam cell pro in 100, GX/4runners, 200, but no 80 reviews other than I think @Nay just installed shocks only.

how is it going? is the kit on yet? Im just about to click the order button for the same lift and also had a hard time finding other with this lift kit. Im on the fence tho with running a different arm and not using caster plates but using the Delta or Slee arm with this Ironman kit. any input would be appreciated

how is it going? is the kit on yet? Im just about to click the order button for the same lift and also had a hard time finding other with this lift kit. Im on the fence tho with running a different arm and not using caster plates but using the Delta or Slee arm with this Ironman kit. any input would be appreciated

I have the 2" Foam Cell Pro kit and am happy with the results. Went with Delta arms, probably not essential for my lift however, I felt if I was going to do it, an added refresh couldn't hurt. As far as ride and drive, I would say it is of better comfort and quality than before the lift install.

Keep in mind I went straight from the 20 year old system to new shocks, springs, delta control arms with new bushings, and panhard lift bracket.

I run 4” foam cell pros on a 3” lift with Tourflex springs. Did a lot of research before opting for these shocks. Swapped out OME nitro shocks. Foam cells offer much softer damping overall than the OME being noticeably better over both slow low speed bumps and corrugation . Also run a LOT cooler over corrugation using the ‘temp be feel‘ test. Given they’re essentially a ‘budget’ shock, I think they’re underrated - they’re very good for the price point.

A search will find many posts with "Ironman" referenced.
FWIW, I've been running their 4" springs/shocks since 2010. Shocks were replaced with the foam cell pros in 2017 and springs were replaced last year.
IMO, it is FAR better than the OME setup I had previously.
Caster correction is the Delta Vehicle Systems 4" radius arms and the truck is an absolute pleasure to drive.
Always use OEM bushings.

Yes there's reviews,

Who has a 4 inch lift? See post 5 and 6. Other than the springs I'm OME now . One other point. Replaced the ironman pan hard bushes last year. Got 47,000 miles out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom