1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ironic

Discussion in 'FJ55 Iron Pig Preservation Society' started by Guyute, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Guyute

Guyute

This has been a real tough month for me. I've been forced to put my 55 up for sale. Some of you may have seen it on Ebay. I never thought I would sell the pig but, our 80 series does all the wheeling I need any more, seats the whole family and dog plus has a/c !! I will probably buy another 55 and restore it for a DD in the future.

I'm just really bumming today reading through the 55 Rubicon Run thread on Pirate. That run and Moab were the two I really wanted to do with this rig. I was able to attend CM 05 and had a blast!

It feels ironic that I sent out about a hundred of the "I'm Sticking with the Pig" bumper stickers to 55 guys around the country. Now I'm ditching the pig. I hope it goes to somebody that appreciates the community.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Lucy_FJ55

Lucy_FJ55

Brian, that is just sad.

It is killing me! I am trying hard not to call you and buy your pig! its a good thing my wife and I are trying to buy a new house right now or I may actually have had some extra cash laying around. I would love such a capable rig but may not deserve such a finely built vehicle. I also hope it goes to a loving cruiser home. Maybe three piggies aren't enough...

Good luck, Carlos.

3. clemson55

clemson55

Sorry to hear that you have to let it go. I did notice it on ebay looks like a sweet rig. Hope you can acquire a new one soon. If you have an extra one of those stickers let me know I'd love one on my pig.

4. bull

bull

Media:
    Albums:
    Have you posted it for sale yet? Sorry for your loss..

5. Guyute

Guyute

I had stacks and stacks. I'm down to three bumper stickers and a ruler. Happy to send you one. PM me your snail mail.

http://www.cascadecruisers.com/images/pig/pigglywiggly/pigglywiggly1.jpg

6. Guyute

Guyute

Three little piggies. Sounds good to me. Who needs a house... renovate each 55 into a room. Flip down the tailgate for a SS sink and propane stove ALA Luke's Spider.

Good times.

Thanks, Carlos

BTW: Doing a Steens trip soon. Two rigs, three days, backside. Labor Day weekend. Interested?

7. Guyute

Guyute

8. RHINO

RHINO

ohh man thats too bad., what a bummer.

9. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    i'll say it again bri, since you brought it up at moab ;) , what happened to sticking with the pig...

still haven't put the sticker on mine yet...havent' decided where yet...don't want to do the body, cause eventually, i'll paint it with real paint. don't want to do the bumpers cause they'll get replaced eventually also. guess cargo window might do

btw, you know you're gonna end up kicking yourself later, right? this is no. 3 for me and it ain't going nowhere...i'm done kicking myself on piggies.
    P8070004.JPG

10. poseidon

poseidon

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi Brian,

I got ypur PM on CC about ebaying it and I was speachless. I didn't know how to respond so I didn't. I must say it is a magnificent pig. You were the first member of the LC groups that I met in person and looking over your pig I found it inspirational for me on what I could do with mine. I hope you the best in whatever you decide is best for you.

I had know I wrestled with the selling of my 60, but I don't regret it. It will give me the finances to make the needed improvments to my 55.

E