Iron Pig swingouts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the trick to getting these fitted. I have tried to get my spare and ladder swingouts mounted for about 4 hours. They do not want to seat. What is the secret because I am :bang::bang::hmm::bang::censor::censor::censor:

thanks for any help

Thanks Jim. I will revisit with fresh perspective today.

Jim would be best to answer the actual dimensions- I think I put too much grease on it, and I painted it too much.

is the tubing 2.25" .25 wall DOM, and the bushing, 1.5" ID x 1.75 OD ?

2" .120 dom
everything fits (real tight)
they are not easy to work with.
i take them on and off numerous times while building.

I will get those bastards on if it is the last thing I do. Pics to follow success.

Gotcha - you had me confused.

I have IPOR pivots on my truck. They are tight - very tight - but they work very well. I usually "shimmy" them onto the hinges by swinging the arms back and forth as far as I can.

"shimmy" great terminology.

try taking them on and off through out a build. :crybaby:

"shimmy" great terminology.

try taking them on and off through out a build. :crybaby:

I have a prototype IPOR Pig rear bumper - I installed 2 of their spindles and probably took the swingarms off a dozen times. Wasn't that bad once you use the "long shimmy" method. I still need to put the arms back on and take back off one or two more times as I forgot to put my catches on (things that keep the heavy arse spare tire from smacking you on a hill).

Now where are the pics?

Pictures please. I'll be ordering mine from 4X4 labs just before I get home, driving to Grass Valley, CA for it to be installed before heading to Lost Wages for a week. Sorry for the high jack...
I'm sure your bumper is the Ducks Nuts. That's a complement.

here you go
FJ60rearbumper001.jpg

As a smart man once said. "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES111111111111111"

And the pictures appear as if by magic while I am typing.

Looks better with the spare on- I will get some more pics this weekend after I clean her up- she is filthy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom