Iron Man 2" Nitro Gas Stage 1 Torsion Bar Adjustment? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Over the weekend I did a painstaking install, of the Iron Man Nitro Gas Stage 1 kit. However my front is 1" lower than the back, I index the torsion bars with the lines that Iron Man marked how ever the diver's side is 1/2 inch lower than the Passenger's. Is that normal or shall I keep turning the bolt? I turned the bolt on the driver's side way more than the passenger already, would this cause any issues, so far I can't feel the ride difference with one side turned more than the other. I'll get more close-shot pictures of the bottom torsion and wheel space tomorrow!

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3097.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

Get an alignment. The front is supposed to be 1” lower.

Drivers side has gas tank and battery. Crank it more.

What's leaking?

1665927300493.png

Over the weekend I did a painstaking install, of the Iron Man Nitro Gas Stage 1 kit. However my front is 1" lower than the back, I index the torsion bars with the lines that Iron Man marked how ever the diver's side is 1/2 inch lower than the Passenger's. Is that normal or shall I keep turning the bolt? I turned the bolt on the driver's side way more than the passenger already, would this cause any issues, so far I can't feel the ride difference with one side turned more than the other. I'll get more close-shot pictures of the bottom torsion and wheel space tomorrow!

View attachment 3141808

View attachment 3141809

View attachment 3141810

1) Front to rear, 1” rake is normal. Cranking the torsion bars should stop when you run out of sufficient droop, not when it is level with the rear.

2) Is the right to left lean both front and rear, just front or just rear? On some manufacturer’s coil springs, the coils are two different heights, the taller coil goes on the driver’s side. “Trim packers”, or spacers are also available in various heights to balance the rear.

1) Front to rear, 1” rake is normal. Cranking the torsion bars should stop when you run out of sufficient droop, not when it is level with the rear.

2) Is the right to left lean both front and rear, just front or just rear? On some manufacturer’s coil springs, the coils are two different heights, the taller coil goes on the driver’s side. “Trim packers”, or spacers are also available in various heights to balance the rear.
The lean is just the front, left to right. The rears are perfect, and the Ironman Springs are installed correctly, with labels for part # D/S for the Driver side and # N/S for the passenger, Australian labeling as Near Side. Thanks a lot, you guys have been great! I thought I was losing my mind when it didn't look right had the AHC for over 19 years and it's time to let it go. I love the new ride of these Ironman's not so soft and have very good handling, sometimes I don't even remember I'm driving a behemoth of a truck around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom