IPOR rear bumper install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
okay so i am not installing it yet but it did arrive today. here are some preliminary pics:

one is of the full lower part and the other is of the supports in the rear quarter protection.

i am very pleased. Lance was great to deal with. They are moving locals so just leave him a message and they will return the call.

install pics to come!
wings.jpg
full-view.jpg

Was yours one of the prototypes or a 1st run production unit?

Thanks for posting pics. Lance & Cam have my name on the last prototype when it becomes available.

Nice. I'm happy with mine. The only issue is the rear wing supports that bolt on to the inside of the rear wheel wells tend to snag the lugs of my Swampers at close to full compression. They catch on the heads of the bolts. My bumper is about 2 years old so he might have changed this a bit.

Spend some time prepping the rear cross member and chasing the captive nuts in the frame with a bolt and some moly grease.

Last I talked with lance (last week) the wing supports are not incorporated in this bumper. They can be added with not much drama.

Jon,
Check out a hardware supply outfit in north Jersey and see about getting some Grade 5 or 8 internal wrenching button head bolts. It should smooth things out when you're at full stuff.

yeah... the wings dont bolt to anything. they are just reinfoforced from the inside.

the bumper went on very easily. when i removed the old one i painted the rear crossmemer and frame parts with the eastwood rust encapsulator.

i was able to get the IPOR bumper on myself. it rested right on the frame. 4 bolts in the bottom bolting it to the frame and it was done... i like it a lot...
rear.jpg
latch.jpg
wing.jpg

sweet.

That's extremely dangerous! Someone could get killed! Please tell me it locks.

Cage?

Hey peepers, is that an internal cage I see in the back window?

Looks to me like there should be a locking pin on the latch to keep it closed, preferably lockable, and also a locking pin to keep the tire from closing on you when open. Peepers, there's what looks to be a provision for the locking pin on the latch. Did you happen to forget to put it in ?

Kalawang

okay lets see here...

there is a locking pin to keep it closed, it is not in there, i need to go get one.

there is not a way to keep it "locked" open. however, i dont think anyone is going to die.

there is a lot of room behind the tire, too much i think but i think it is because the tire is mounted at an angle and they want room for bigger tires.

the highlift mounts under the tire, facing to the rear, not between the gate and the rear door.

and lastly, it is only a rear cage, it is basically to keep the dog back there and have lots of tie down options. i started a thread on it a while back and most people ccriticized because it was only for the rear and the real part to protect is the A pillar. whatever, it came with the truck.

That's extremely dangerous! Someone could get killed! Please tell me it locks.

Good hell. Paranoia abounds!:rolleyes: Wrench was also convinced that my CO2 bracket I made using my 3rd row seat bracket was absolutely going to fail and kill someone and take out my quarter panel at the same time.

Been in the truck for 2 weeks now and I've been trying to toss it around as much as possible and not only has it not broken, but I haven't been able to kill anyone with it yet. Guess I need to work harder.:rolleyes:

Safety latch is a very nice feature to have, and until you do, just be careful like others have said, but highly doubt someone's going to die.;p

That looks like a good bumper. Nice and simple.

My only concern would be the sides; they don't look like they bolt to the frame in any way. Are they only attached where they meet the bumper? I'd be worried about bending them upwards into the body.

they dont attach to the frame in any way. take a look at the top pic. pretty well reinforced. i will get out wheeling soon and see. i will keep this truck away from the rocks though!

there is a lot of room behind the tire, too much i think but i think it is because the tire is mounted at an angle and they want room for bigger tires.

I think Lance put the space there to prevent dammage if you backed into something. There is a thread where someone backed into a tree and there tire carrier busted their window and damaged the hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom