IPF versus PIAA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
Considering IPF 960 & PIAA 580 lights for the front of my 100...anyone have any thoughts/experiences which is better...and why?

Thanks!

Both are high quality lights, depends on what you want them for. I prefer IPF, IMO they have better bulbs.

I have both IPF. PIAA and Hella, ect ect

might look at Cibie, they make a wonderfull light, not the cheapest however

Love my IPF 960's - best investment for the money! Very bright white!

You can do two things - buy a s***load a cheapass lights and tax your alternator...

Or buy one set of really good lights!

Buy the IPF 960's !

I live deep in the Reservation where no street lights penetrate - the 960's have saved my ass from horses/sheep/cows...many a time - and the occasional skinwalker....

A skinwalker is a Navajo Medicine man that has gone to the darkside - black magic - they have to kill a relatives child then they bathe in blood...to become a shapeshifter - usually in the form of a wolf...and believe me - they exist!

OOOOK then, Anybody else freaked out yet!?

I too have IPF 960s in the front and am very happy with them. PIAA 510s in the rear and putting PIAA 520s on the 60.

I'd go with the IPFs. They're a bit more money, but they kick ass.

And yes, I'm scared now. Thankfully I didn't know about the Skinwalkers last week when I was driving through that area.... alone.

Now, courtesy of NorcalDoug, Lightforce is in the decision mix. They look pretty darn nice...they seem to be the only lighting company to actually show a light pattern AND light distance/projection...and lifetime warranty. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

Lightforce

I haven't had a chance to try my LF 240s on the trail yet, but I can tell you they are BRIGHT! I like the plastic bodies, the focusable beams, and the breather set up!
attachment.php.jpg

Australia 4WD Monthly did a shoot out a year or two ago with a bunch of off road lights. It was a neat and pretty scientific test. The Lightforce 240s whooped on the competion. Including IPF, KC, Hella, Cibie and more...

I agree on the Lightforce 240's they are super bright but way to big, sold mine for a pair of IPF J01s almost as much light and they don't stick out as much.

Biff said:
I agree on the Lightforce 240's they are super bright but way to big, sold mine for a pair of IPF J01s almost as much light and they don't stick out as much.

I remember those things from SNT last year. Huge, but made night look like day big time!

Brentbba said:
I remember those things from SNT last year. Huge, but made night look like day big time!

Are you talking about the ones that David had, his were super bright. I think they were IPF HID, those are nice but very expensive think like $1100

Nope your - but your are correct, David's were even brighter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom