IPF switch to Toyota oem light switch... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lubedealer.com
Anyone can tell me which wires in the provided IPF mouse switch go to which wires from the oem 60 series offroad light switch?

I have some other lights on my 60 then the harness melted itself after 15 years.....so ripped it out...gave the KC lights to a buddy...and then bought a set of 100W IPF from Costco and installed them yesterday.

Followed negative high beam directions until it required tapping into the negative headlight wire...so at that point I just grounded it as not sure why it makes a difference....but back to my question.

Does anyone know how I can splice in the dash light switch I already have in my 60 (3 wire setup) to the IPF mouse switch which is also 3 wires? Assuming one is for illumination...one is POWER and one is GROUND...without risking burning it up through trial and error...any ideas??

So you just want to use your own switch instead of the one they supplied you with? The IPF switch runs to the harness that they supplied you with?

yes...the IPF mouse switch is supplied with harness that goes with the 100w IPF lights. I just want to see if I can take the IPF switch off...and connect the three wires to the three wires hanging from my oem switch in dash....without having to do the three wire shuffle even if there are two fuzes and a relay in the harness to keep me from messing anything up too bad. LOL

My switch is one of those VERY RARE and VERY EXPENSIVE Toyota Aux Light Switches...LMAO LOL...so want to use the damn thing to keep it all looking stock if I can. I got the IPF switch stuck under dash behind shifter so it is easy to access but pretty much invisible to everyone else.

Do you have a multimeter? Measure the resistance of the IPF switch and find the two pins that short when you close the switch and then measure the toyota one and find the same two pins. Then hook up the wires on the IPF harness to those two pins. The third is your illumination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom