iPad as rear DVD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
I want to use my iPad for the occasional long trip - for the kids to watch movies. And since they're kids, that iPad had better be dead center and not held by either kid or well... you know. So before I buy a mount (Ram, Gorilla) and start figuring this out... wanted to see if anyone's done this yet... you know... so I don't have to think (-;

if you have a book like case, just fold it over, run a string in the fold and tie around the base of the headrest.

someone makes a mount for the head rest for the iPad to attach to. I can not remember who but I know a couple of companies do. As a matter of fact I saw one in the Apple store 2 weeks ago when I bought my iPad.

I built a homemade mount that holds our portable dvd dead center between the front head rests at about the height of the head rests. I have three kids that share the one dvd player and it works great. Sure the center kid gets the best view, but that's life...it's good for them to learn that while their young.

I will take a picture for you soon and post it. It is a very inexpensive solution.

The RAM mounts will be a good bet. I use their products daily. Run the power cords through the hole in the top of the seat and hard wire or plug into an inverter below.

I usually have 2 macbooks running movies on trips. I still profess to my kids how my brother and i just looked out the damn windows on trips, while chocking on cigarette smoke.

^^^ Isnt that the truth, who even knew what a seat belt was??? I spent lots of time laying on top of the luggage in the back of the station wagon. :steer:

I still profess to my kids how my brother and i just looked out the damn windows on trips, while chocking on cigarette smoke.

Hold on - are we related? You're describing my family's vacations circa 1970-75. I tell my girls the same thing - but add that we sat three across on a vinyl bench seat and that we had no AC.

^^ Hear that! Being the only boy, I was the one stuck in the backward facing seat at the complete rear of our '76 Olds Cutlass Supreme station wagon with 4X70 AC (yep, 4 windows rolled down going 70 MPH!).

Here is a simple bracket I bent up to use with our Ipads. The cost was nothing so I made one for each headrest. I used the strongest clothes hangers I could find. After the first one that fit well, I created a template to make the others all match.
100_0517 (Medium).jpg
100_0518 (Medium).jpg
100_0520 (Medium).jpg

^ that's ^ actually badass. I LOVE a good low/no buck solution. I've got only one iPad and two kids... can you imagine the horror of discovering that you're not sitting behind the headrest with the iPad? I've got to find a centered solution...

Picture this... a yardstick with two holes drilled for one headrest post per seat... the stick spans the distance between the seats - centering the iPad... Okay, maybe not a yardstick but a similar size piece of aluminum... hmmm... seeming a bit ghetto huh...

^ that's ^ actually badass. I LOVE a good low/no buck solution. I've got only one iPad and two kids... can you imagine the horror of discovering that you're not sitting behind the headrest with the iPad? QUOTE]

Rather than have that fight be have 2. My wife and I use them for work, and let the kids play on them when we are traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom