Wanted Iowa. Washer pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just found out that my windshield washer pump on my 1968 fj40 doesn’t work. I hate to tear into it and ruin it. This is what it looks like. Anyone have a working one?
Has anybody had any luck trying to repair these?

63E64DBF-4343-4E86-B08D-F0662ACE8E55.jpeg

0D710B53-581A-4C0B-82C4-960AA1EA1831.jpeg

those caps tend to crack around the threads.
I didn't know those were used on 40's, I only remember seeing them from 55's

@ToyotaMatt has a a different style tank with the pump in the bottom of the tank if you want to swap it out

@tjhaga Interesting, 30 years and I have never seen one like that. Have only seen the tiny ones that mount near the bottom of the tank in a molded recess.

Here's one on Ebay but it's coming from Egypt

Here’s one that works but the cap is gone/broken as 3_puppies mentioned. Also as thebigredrocker mentioned, bench test is as shown, and take it apart and free it up then lube it.
If you are interested in the one in the video it is $38.00 shipped. Good luck, John

Yes I bench tested it, was nervous about taking it apart because everything is so brittle. May have to as last resort.
Thanks for responding

Yes I bench tested it, was nervous about taking it apart because everything is so brittle. May have to as last resort.
Thanks for responding

I have this Kit that is the Suppression part#

Fits on your Originla OEM inner fender mounting bracket too

1611811202648.png

1611811354866.png

If you need a Brand New Mounting Bracket Yellow / Gold Zinc Plated I have Those Too :cool:

oh.btw , early first Gen. and later 2nd GEN too

a personal shout out to my SOLID mud Buddy @pardion , John was a great help on the R & D side of the 2nd gen, with his up and running NOS Microfiche machine ......thanks buddy ! :)

1611811709363.png

1611811746126.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom