inverter install in rear compartment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kent

Pedal Head
SILVER Star
Threads
I pulled the plastic trim away from the both sides of the rear cargo area and there is plenty of room to mount an inverter in there however....

There was a lot of dust (looks like road dust not dog hair and lint :) ) so is this a poor spot to mount an inverter? I don't imagine this area has ever been cleaned before but I would hate to trash a good inverter with dust and possible road moisture.

The rear speakers are in there so maybe it's not a bad place :hmm:

Any opinions on this?

There's a pretty good writeup on this from azrider back in November, '08. Or you can use the search function for
"inverter install".

JJ

I have 1 of my stereo amps, inverter and fuse block mounted in the pass side.
Dust is a bit of a problem but the occasional blast of compressed air fixes that. I was concerned about moisture leaking from the window seals so I installed a rubber barrier to direct any water away from the electrical components (runs from the top behind the mounting board)
inverter002.jpg

I was also worried about heat so the inverter is mounted close to allow airflow through the subwoofer grill and vent below.
inverter003.jpg

Thanks Mike!

Looks good, I like the rubber piece that directs moisture away from your electronics. I've heard we have a group of Rising Sun folks coming to the Black Hills Cruiser Classic, maybe I will get to see this in person.

Thanks for the help.

Kent

Thanks Mike!

Looks good, I like the rubber piece that directs moisture away from your electronics. I've heard we have a group of Rising Sun folks coming to the Black Hills Cruiser Classic, maybe I will get to see this in person.

Thanks for the help.

Kent

Kent,
Glad it could help.

Yep, this year our club "Road Trip" is the BHCC but unfortunately I'll be out of the country and will miss it.:crybaby:

Mike

Cant see the pics??

Looking to do this myself. Can you shoot another pic of the rubber barrier?

Cheers,
Mike

I have 1 of my stereo amps, inverter and fuse block mounted in the pass side.
Dust is a bit of a problem but the occasional blast of compressed air fixes that. I was concerned about moisture leaking from the window seals so I installed a rubber barrier to direct any water away from the electrical components (runs from the top behind the mounting board)
inverter002.jpg

I was also worried about heat so the inverter is mounted close to allow airflow through the subwoofer grill and vent below.
inverter003.jpg

Not quite the same location, but here are a couple of pics of one of my inverters (there's another one up front underneath my Tuffy center console.) If you plan to buy or build drawers, this is an alternative mounting option that keeps the inverter inside the passenger compartment, avoiding the issues of dust and moisture in the rear quarter-panel.

I built a drawer/sleeper system and integrated an inverter into the right rear of it. It's for use when camping, so the tailgate has to be down to access it. The front end protrudes through the rear panel of the drawer system. It's wiring can be accessed through a small door above the back end of it.

I drilled holes in the top of the drawer system above the inverter for ventilation. There's also the intake vent for the flow-through ventilation in the factory side panel to help with keeping things cool.

This mount is an option that may be useful in some cases. I eventually want to put one of those Australian water bladders inside the quarter panel, so didn't want to put the inverter there on our rig.
FridgeSlideIn4.jpg
SmallLocker7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom