Inventory for add-a-leaf(s) and shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you getting just an add-a-leaf or the whole leaf pack?
I need the whole leaf pack myself..
Wondering where are you getting it?

You need to make sure the new pins come in the kit. I've heard a few people say they didn't come with. If you are removing the spring you might want to replace the bushings or should i say you will have to replace after you burn them out. HAHA. While you are there you may as well put on a nice set of anti inversion shackles. Viola you are lifted.

I drove past your place on the way to the park the other day with my kid. Nice truck. Next time i'll stop and drink your beer.
Call if you need some help or tools you don't have . I may have what you need.

Cheers
Challis 743 -9983

silvercrusher said:
You need to make sure the new pins come in the kit. I've heard a few people say they didn't come with. If you are removing the spring you might want to replace the bushings or should i say you will have to replace after you burn them out. HAHA. While you are there you may as well put on a nice set of anti inversion shackles. Viola you are lifted.

I drove past your place on the way to the park the other day with my kid. Nice truck. Next time i'll stop and drink your beer.
Call if you need some help or tools you don't have . I may have what you need.

Cheers
Challis 743 -9983
you do not have to remove the leaf packs from the truck to install add-a-leafs...

too easy,
first dig install a cement pit in your garage (if you do not have a garage then i guess you will need to build one) while you are at it install a steel "I" beam above the pit to hange the truck from.
now lift the truck and unbolt the shocks and U bolts and mounting plate.
lower truck till you can get at the centering pin top. unbolt the centering pin and the bottom 1 or 2 leaves will drop off.
remove ALL leaves that are shorter than the add-a-leaf (AAL)
install AAL with new centering pin
lift the truck back up till the spring lifts the tire off the ground
install new ubolts and the old plate
install the shocks

repeat on all 4 corners.

you should be able to do this in about 20 min per corner with the pit and "I" beam, withoput it will take about an hour a corner.

HTHs
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom