Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Just a place to tell us a little about you and your rig.

EDIT:

Much of our communications, event planning, and RSVP take place on our club website. Eventually that site will become our "object of record" and mud will be depreciated. Please frequent the site for the latest updates and connect with us on facebook and instagram.

www.battleborncruisers.com

Battle Born Cruisers

Battle Born Cruisers is Northern Nevada's only Toyota 4x4 Club. Land Cruisers, Tacomas, 4Runners, Buggies. We are an official tlca.org chapter and enjoy monthly club runs, social events, and quarterly overland and camping activties.

Facebook Group

Facebook Groups

Battle Born Cruisers has 30 members. battleborncruisers.com Founded in 1998, Battle Born Cruisers is Nevada's only and oldest Toyota Land Cruiser Association (tlca.org) chapter. We enjoy monthly...
www.facebook.com
www.facebook.com

Instagram

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
www.instagram.com
www.instagram.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my name is Dan, I'm not on the twelve step plan. I like beer and cruisers.

My first cruiser was a 71 FJ40 I bought while I was in high school. It was my first car and I still regret selling it. My current Cruiser is a 75 FJ40. Right now it lives in differnt boxes and locations, mostly in my garag but a few parts are in my storage shed. I may actually be driving again by the end of summer.

I see you found Woody :D

Jason Mace
My first cruiser was in 88 and is still my crawler today.

I stopped doing that after I got married.

OH that Woody !
:D :D

Yea he set me up, thanks for the heads up.

Hows it going?

My name is Jordan and I am origanally from south dakota and joined the USMC and ended up getting stationed at Bridgeport, CA. I have a 1968 Toyota LandCruiser FJ-40 and it is what i like to call my "pride and joy". Not a very pretty vehicle, for it does need quite a bit of work done to it but hopefully I can get it done within my time in the service while I have a guarenteed paycheck on its way twice a month. Any one who has a decently inexpensive way to combat rust and other slight problems, feel free to help

What kind of station is there at Bridgeport?
Every Cruiser has a hidden inner beauty that is only appreciated by the choosen. You must one of us.
I've been dealing with rust by the wackinchop method.
Hope you can make it to some of our runs. The club site is down right now but I expecte to have that fixed shortly. Our next run is scheduled for 9-24 on Fordyce, if you think you can make it PM me for meet time and location.

My name is Mike. I am also in the BBCNN. I have a 72 FJ40 that I wheel in. Sprung over, reverse shackle. SM420, lockrite in front, lincoln in rear. Other than that pretty much stock. Oh yeah, a few wounds. :eek:

hi, my name is JJ. i just purchased an all original 74 FJ40. i have so much in store for my new baby. i am not a member of BBCNN, yet. i hope to get my s*** running and wheel with some fellow cruiser-lovers. :D

Howdy my name is Jeremy. I have had a 62' FJ40 for almost two years and I am now finally getting around to building her up. I have lots to do and no $$$ to do it with. I am hoping to get her going by summer time!? Only time will tell!! Hoping that I can get with some guys that know what they are doing and guys that are new to this and just want to shoot the s***! Hope to see you guys around!

Welcome! You might want to check here for our next meeting time and place. This months meeting will be on the first tuesday to avoid a conflict with Valintines day. Hope to see you there.

Second Meeting- 2006
Reno, Sparks - BBCNN

Date: Tuesday February 7, 2006 Time: 6:30 p.m.

Place: Round Table Pizza, 4007 So. Virginia St. In the old Town Mall on the corner of So. Virginia & Peckham.

Agenda
1. Next club run: Trail and Date
2. Layout plans for the new years runs.
3. Web Page.
4. TLCA Report.
5. Accounting Report.
6. Suggestions, ideas, questions, new business.

New and Continued Business
1. If you have a new address/phone number or e-mail address, let us know.
2. Club shirts and stickers are for sale.
3. If anyone needs help with a repair or conversion, let us know. This is an open invitation.
4. Accounting reports will be sent quarterly: March, June, Sept., Dec.

Wanted to be there but work called. Got to make the money before you can spend it! Maybe next month. I have alot of questions and not alot of answers. I love my LC but dont really know what I have and what I should do with what I have.

Here are some of my goals:
1. Power Steering Conversion
2. SOA? of Spring Lift
3. New front axle to get rid of ball and claw?
4. Inside Heating and Lights
5. Engine Swap? and Running Gears?

Everything with a question mark means I am not sure. I hear different things all the time.

Basically what it comes down to is I have a 62' FJ40, all OEM except the seats and seat brackets and tires and wheels. I am not sure what is under the hood except for the 1F with a 3 Speed Tranny and a centered rear axle. I need any and all help to get her up and running good. And yes she does run.

Thanks for all of you patience!

62 Dust Collector said:
Wanted to be there but work called. Got to make the money before you can spend it! Maybe next month. I have alot of questions and not alot of answers. I love my LC but dont really know what I have and what I should do with what I have.

Here are some of my goals:
1. Power Steering Conversion
2. SOA? of Spring Lift
3. New front axle to get rid of ball and claw?
4. Inside Heating and Lights
5. Engine Swap? and Running Gears?

Everything with a question mark means I am not sure. I hear different things all the time.

Basically what it comes down to is I have a 62' FJ40, all OEM except the seats and seat brackets and tires and wheels. I am not sure what is under the hood except for the 1F with a 3 Speed Tranny and a centered rear axle. I need any and all help to get her up and running good. And yes she does run.

Thanks for all of you patience!
If you have a centered rear axel a lot has been changed from stock. If it is running why don't you joins us on our next run? It is a mild trail, hell I'm driving my full size stock truck. Meet time and location will be posted here as soon as availble.

Not sure if I can make the run. I still have alot to do on the Ol' LC. Smoking valves, need exhaust pipes, all fluids checked out, carb tuned. Stuff like that. Whens the next meeting?
Thanks anyways!

Jeremy

Meetings are usually the second Tuesday of the month. This month there was a conflict with V Day so we pulled the date in. Don't want to get :princess: mad!

Newbie here

Hi, my name is Jim. I live out in Fernley. Got me an FJ 60 for my b-day last month. It`s stock for now, but looking to do a desmog and shackles asap. Looking forward to becoming a TLCA and BBCNN member.
Remember, It`s not what ya buy, It`s what ya build!!!!!!!!!
Thanks,
Jim AKA NV777 :cool:

Welcome! Hope to see you at the next club meeting.

Meeting details are posted on the club web site BBCNN

My name is Billy or Jason, which ever. I've lived in Truckee for pretty much my whole life. I'm 17 and my 80 is my first car. I enjoy out-mobbing my friends in their jeeps, and seeing their astonished expressions. It's completely stock for now, MT sliders and an ARB bull bar are on their way. Soon I hope. I'm looking forward to going on one of these expeditions with all you.

Jason.

My name is Dan

Well i understand you have alot of Dans in this club and heres another to add to the list LMAO any way im from Fallon ,NV and have a 1970 Fj40 and a 1985 Fj60 both are stock atm but are going to get lifts and several other items as time goes on Thanks Dan

Hi Jason and Dan,
It was great meeting you guys and your family members Saturday. Hope to see you again soon.

I think Alvero may have given Jason a few ideas of what an 80 can be.

And I'm really interested to see Dan's daughters mini truck.

Hey!
My name is Mack.
I moved to the Tahoe area in 99' from VT and have spent the bulk of those years building up my 93' pickup.
I have owned three FJ-40's, 71', 74', and a 76' and miss them all (except for the 71 with it's gypsy wagon replacement wood tub)
My wife and I are moving to Reno (Lemmon Valley) next week, into our first home.
Looking forward to meeting some new people at the next bbcnn meeting next month.
Happy Holidays

93' pickup, 22re, ARB hy-pinion w/5.29/30spl. Longs/ front, detroit/5.29 rear, dual cases, custom lift, 37" Iroks, conv. A/C compressor, warn 9000 winch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom