introduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginericLC

Wagon Wheeler!
Threads
Since there is no newbie check in that I see here I thought I would take a chance to introduce myself. I've been posting the last few days. A local computer network glitch allowed me to bypass our filtering system at work and actually get into the IH8mud discussion forums. I've been a member of IH8mud for quite some time, I just haven't had the time to log in from home to check this place out for a long time.

I'm Eric Vogt member of NW Cruisers of Idaho and Tornado Alley Cruisers (KS,MO TLCA Chapter) and until December 31, 2003 or so I'm the EVP of the TLCA.

Currently, I have a 91 FJ80 that I started modifying (35s, tube front bumper, sliders, J springs, etc....) and hoped of putting a Turbo Diesel 6.5 or Isuzu 4BD1T (NPR 4 cylinder) in when I found a 94 FZJ80 that I wanted to buy. Actually, my dad bought a nice low mileage LX450 and I bought his 94 from him. The 94 is stock for now. No lockers :( But will be getting at least one ARB when I decide what I need to do for a regear.

Previous to these 80s I owned a BJ60, a FJ60 with a 350 TBI and tons of stuff, a couple of 40s, and a 55. I've also owned several other Toyotas, the rarest being a Turbo Diesel Camry.

I learned to drive my dad's 78 FJ55 when I was 10 or 11. So Cruisers have been a part of my family for a long time.

By next fall I hope to have sold the 91 and be done with the buildup of the 94 and moved on to replace the 91 with an early 100 series (not for the trail, for my wife).

I'm a school teacher in Mountain Home, Idaho.

I plan on coming down for at least two days of CM 2004 and making all of the Rubithon this year. This summer we did the high passes in the San Juans with a diversion trip to Moab due to rain ;)

Anyway, that is about it. I just thought you might like to know who I was.

Welcome to IH8MUD, Eric. You'll find everyone here to be a great bunch of folks, and your experience is welcomed!

Hello Eric and welcome to the 80/100 section here on ih8mud. We've got a great moderator (Gumby) and Woody chimes in from time to time. Leave the asbestos suit at work 'cause we try to keep it civil, fun, and everyone gets to learn something every day.

Kinda like Kindergarten :D

-B-

Offical welcome.... :flipoff2:

Greetings and halllucinations :cheers:

OPPS, WRONG DECADE :slap:

Greetings and salutations :cheers:

Glad to have you, Dan.

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=6629;start=msg53901#msg53901 date=1066859481]
Leave the asbestos suit at work 'cause we try to keep it civil, fun, and everyone gets to learn something every day.

Kinda like Kindergarten :D

-B-

[/quote]

B.... Here's the suit I wear on my other boards.
FireSuit.jpg

I don't think I've seen a situation yet where it wudda come in handy here. Even after a barrage of :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: from Junk. I love this place. 8)

Brad,

>> I don't think I've seen a situation yet where it wudda come in handy here. <<

Carefully watch for wob's posts; he's our resident miner's canary.

-B-

eric, nice to see you around. I lurk here and find lots of useful info. I am sure you will have the same experience. we need to wheel when i am back in town. defenitly need to head back out to meat grider. it was made for our wheel base :)

[quote author=Beowulf

-B-

B..

I'll keep the suit handy, just in case. ;)

THis the Eric from TLCA?
I talked with you many time on that board.
I talked with one guy from ID that was from WI is that you?
Welcome aboard. The TLCA board was great for the 60 but not for the 80. This is the place!!!!

I'm on the LCML, still, since 1997 I think? Not much 80 stuff but I'm interested in the old stuff too. I also check Pirates daily, not much for 80 stuff there really. Currently I'm on the 55 list, LCML, Vortec Cruisers, GM Turbo Diesel, DTLC (diesel Toyota LC list), Tornado Alley Cruisers, NW Cruisers, 80 series Intl, 80 series USA, 80 series Nor Cal, and I can post to 80 series Australia (I rarely check it anymore).

I lived in Eau Claire, WI for a little while. I'm going to head that way for Christmas.

I didn't do a gear change to run the 35s with the 3FE, the plan was to go diesel. 4.10s would have been plenty low for the diesel. The diesel would have wanted to be between 24-2800 rpms on the interstate. I drive between 75-80mph, so that is what I would have needed even with the overdrive and 35s. It really isn't too bad, I never see OD until I'm really flying down the interstate and then if I hit a hill I'm back to D. Around town I hardly notice the difference.

I saw picts of NW sick boys 80 at Meat Grinder. I was very jealous that I didn't get to take a day off and go with you guys. Until I get it locked at least in the rear I don't think I can do that trail. I'm not that good of a driver.

Below is Cruisin the Woods 03, I was the only 80 participating ???

Eric is a great guy, he helped me and others with their 60 problems. He will be a real asset to IH8MUD. What took you so long to get over hear?

Our filtering software will not allow you to go to dotted decimal websites, it also blocks any website with a ~ in it. Schools are funny that way, they don't want you to get into anything harmful. Anyway, our server melted down last week and some stuff changed so right now IH8mud.com is not filtered.

Yes, just not much time to check it. New baby and new Cruisers!

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=6629;start=msg53941#msg53941 date=1066862230]

Brad,

>> I don't think I've seen a situation yet where it wudda come in handy here. <<

-B-
[/quote]

You still holding a grudge over the English comment a few months back?

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Hey wob,

The Wulf's memory is the longest thing he owns. ::)

wob,
No, actually that was supposed to be a compliment. On several occassions you've been the first to recognize when a potentially explosive post was started by a newbie. And on each occassion you've issued your standard warning which I thought was quite funny. Does that explain my reference to the miner's canary?

:beer:

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom