Introduction to the site (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hi. I've recently purchased a 1980 BJ40 RHD that was imported from New Zealand. I'm very excited about it. I've loved the fj40 since I was 12 and now I have my own. It needs work but I'm excited about that also.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Congrats and welcome to mud. What are your immediate plans? Give it a mechanical shake down and get out and enjoy it? Nice find. We are all here to help.

Yeah, pretty much the plan. The transfer case was leaking pretty bad when I purchased it so I pull it with the tranny and replaced all the seals and gaskets. The bearings looked good so I left them. I also rebuilt the parking brake while i was there. I had to
image.jpg
replace the fuel and oil pressure sending units but all gauges work properly now. Next I have to take a look at the brakes.

Welcome aboard the site mate. Nice looking rig. If you dont mind me asking how much.

$6800 Ken. It needs body work and paint but it runs great. So far.

From the red dirt and your call name I guess you live in Oklahoma City, I live in piedmont just north of okc. If you need some part or want to talk cruisers I'm right around the corner

Cool, I was wondering if any okie cruiser heads were on here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom