Introduction Thread...Who are you, and what do you drive? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome Otis! Your either going to love it here or hate it totally. What brings you to Philly?

Welcome Otis! Your either going to love it here or hate it totally. What brings you to Philly?

I got a job up there within my current company. I’ll be working in Swedesboro, but we will live in Philly. From what I’ve seen so far, I think we’re going to love it.

I’ll be working in Swedesboro, but we will live in Philly. From what I’ve seen so far, I think we’re going to love it.

Yep. In the city. We have a few neighborhoods in mind. Manayunk, Grad Hospital, and Fishtown are on the list. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Well, I haven’t ever lived down there, but my sister has for much of the past twenty years - near Rittenhouse Square, out by the Museum of Art, Collingswood, NJ, and currently about S. 16th and Morris. Just from the times visiting her, I’m going to guess you’re going to hate the commute from the north side of Philly, through Philly, across the river, and out to Swedesboro… That’s what - about two hours to go thirty miles?

Well, I haven’t ever lived down there, but my sister has for much of the past twenty years - near Rittenhouse Square, out by the Museum of Art, Collingswood, NJ, and currently about S. 16th and Morris. Just from the times visiting her, I’m going to guess you’re going to hate the commute from the north side of Philly, through Philly, across the river, and out to Swedesboro… That’s what - about two hours to go thirty miles?

Ha, depending on traffic it's around 45-50 mins.

Yep. In the city. We have a few neighborhoods in mind. Manayunk, Grad Hospital, and Fishtown are on the list. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Manyaunk has a lot going for it, I used to have a shop there and also lived in Roxborough for a few years, which is right next door. However, the commute from Manyaunk to Jersey will be brutal. The Schuylkill "Expressway" (I-76) is my most hated stretch of road in the country. I'd recommend living right in the city, as close to whatever bridge you'll be commuting over, unless you like sitting in traffic.
Seriously.

Fishtown, while it's apparently "up and coming" will always be an extension of Kesnsington to me.
Kensington is a fine part of the city... if you like hoes and heroin!

Ahh, the Schuylkill expressway. Also lovingly called the "sure kill". Traffic will go from 75 to a dead stop in 1/8 mile at any given time. I have personally given up on finding a good way to philadelphia from lancaster.

Ha, depending on traffic it's around 45-50 mins.

How often have you driven it? I’d expect that is on a good day. Average will be half again as long. And then there will be those days with an accident or such that will take three hours...

However, the commute from Manyaunk to Jersey will be brutal. The Schuylkill "Expressway" (I-76) is my most hated stretch of road in the country. I'd recommend living right in the city, as close to whatever bridge you'll be commuting over, unless you like sitting in traffic. Seriously.

The man speaks truth. I dread the Schuylkill every time I have to go down there and couldn’t imagine facing it daily.

Ahh, the Schuylkill expressway. Also lovingly called the "sure kill". Traffic will go from 75 to a dead stop in 1/8 mile at any given time. I have personally given up on finding a good way to philadelphia from lancaster.

Lovingly? I don’t think so… o_O

Ready to roll.

FA1F367F-0B98-4C19-9ACB-2EA6947A0492.jpeg

Hey Redmann, welcome!

Is that other forum Tacomaworld?
Yeah TacomaWorld. I have the same screen name on there as well.

Welcome @Redmann are you in philly proper or the nearby burbs? Seems like a lot of sepa guys in here lately and i like it.
Oh yeah. Definitely Philly proper. I'm currently at 20th and South St, but I just bought a triplex in the Germantown section. I'll be moving before the end of the year.

My name is Vince and I'm a Cruiser-holic. I grew up with on a farm, with tractors and an early PowerWagon. Then I went off to school, worked, raised a family, turned 50 and thought "it's time to go wheelin'". I acquired a very clean '83 FJ40 with 35,000 miles on it and went to the Black Hills, Moab, Katemcy plus many other places mostly in the West. Then 80s started to win over more and more converts and so I thought a lot about that and ended up with a '97 LX450, the one you all know. My justification was that my wife could now go wheeling with me. I also ran across an article about a 4WD all-season go-anywhere camper called an Earthroamer, from a company which was just starting up, and instantly developed a raging case of vehicle lust. Mine was #18, hence my email address, "Roamer18". With the ER, a trailer and the 40 or the 80 plus near-retirement we traveled sometimes for weeks at a time. We've reined in our off-roading options over the past 10 years but the desire is still there.

Just joined. My name is Devin from York PA.

My 94 FZJ80 that I just ordered the head gasket kit for.

My wife’s 04 4runner

And my looong term project 84 Rabbit

I hope to get the LC fixed in the next few weeks. We just built a new garage, but it isn’t organized and my tools are still in storage. So a project before a project.

Looking forward to joining the group for some outings.

And my looong term project 84 Rabbit

@dci blair is a V Dub nut...not sure if it crosses over to Rabbits, though. A friend of mine had a Rabbit in the late 80's and wrecked it. We stripped it and proceeded to cut the body up into manageable chunks to put on the curb for the trash truck. If I recall correctly, it was a diesel...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom