Introduction and Stalling when coming to a stop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20221230_093029.jpg

Hello!

I'm new here.
I've got a 1999 Japanese spec landcruiser 100 VX (4.2L 6 cylinder Turbo diesel Auto) in its original 3 stage Pearl-white. There's about 170K miles on her.

Latley ive been having trouble with her cutting out on me. Usually (but not always) when decelerating or braking from a higher gear and coming back to a stop. I'll just feel a little chug and she'll cut out on me. Its been Happening intermittently, sometimes not at all for weeks, sometimes once every now and then, and sometimes more than once in a single trip. I can't seem to isolate when it's happening. It has also once cut out on me during full acceleration in 3rd gear, but that was exceptional.
It also feels like its fuelling a little lumpy at low revs sometimes, particularly after slowing from a higher speed.
Has anyone experienced this problem before? I'd really appreciate any advice (I've changed the fuel filter and checked and double cleaned all the electrical contacts on the diesel pump, ive also changed the oil and filters) hasn't made any difference.
Thanks in advance!

Could be the converter problem on the early HDJ100, but it would normally appear at a lower mileage than you have.
As the majority on this forum are "petrolheads", I suggest zooming over to a forum with more "dieselheads", e.g. this thread: 2001 - 100 Series Auto Transmission Issues - https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/2001-100-series-auto-transmission-issues.148098
See if the description in the first post matches your problem.

There is info on the Torque Converter problem in this forum as well, but I can't find a good thread right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom