Introduction and question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2ndGenToyotaFan

Threads
Website
www.jeffersonstatecruisers.com
Greetings!

My name is Jerod, I've been an on again off again TLCA member since 2004 I think? I co founded and lead the Jefferson State Cruisers for the first 6 years of it's existence. I recently moved to Fallon. Have been enjoying the fantastic desert sunsets and honing my shade finding skills so far!

I have an 85 4Runner named Green Bastard that I've dumped way too much money into in the last 9 years. The recent trouble with GB is that #4 has blown out rings and compression is down to 85 psi. So I am now looking for another 22RE to swap in. I'm leaning towards a rebuild with an RV cam maybe, but am not averse to a used engine if the price is right. So if anyone has leads on a used engine or recommendations for a local rebuilder or shop I'm all ears. Would like to keep the budget to around $1500 as this thing is pretty close to beater status....

I'll eventually drag myself to a meeting once I sort my life out! :cheers:

1001171529b.jpg

Welcome to the desert!

Douglas Machine Services
1406 Industrial Way # 4
Gardnerville, NV 89410
(775) 782-7474

He's a great guy with outstanding prices and quality. He has rebuilt several engines for the group. Here's my "built" :rofl: 2F he did for me.

1561476617307.png

You should join us for our next club meeting! We also have a run coming up on July 6 & 7 if you like to join us for that.

Welcome Jerod. Looks like Tony caught you up to speed with his good advice. It would be nice to have a 4 runner in our ranks again. We also had a couple of minis that used to run with us. One actually from Fallon. Hope we get to meet you someday. Get that motor rebuilt and we will get you up on the Rubicon.

Welcome Jerod. Looks like Tony caught you up to speed with his good advice. It would be nice to have a 4 runner in our ranks again. We also had a couple of minis that used to run with us. One actually from Fallon. Hope we get to meet you someday. Get that motor rebuilt and we will get you up on the Rubicon.
It would be nice to have a rig with more dents than mine in the club again. :rofl:

Jerod have you looked at JDM take outs?
In Japan they are required to replace the engine on a car after relatively few miles, the take outs are resold offshore.

Thanks for the welcome gents!

Baring some sort of catastrophic employment I can probably make the run and the meeting! Of course the 4Runner is in pieces again... But that's just steering stuff.... Should be back together tomorrow...

I have heard of the Japanese take outs, might look into that. It's running fine* on 3 cylinders for now... So no rush... Hahaha!

*Starts like hell, gas mileage is not great....... :D

22re motors come up for sale quite a bit on CL and Facebook. I'd lean towards finding a runner and freshening it up so you don't have a lot of downtime.

Welcome from another Fallonite(?) About a month ago I saw a 22re on one of the Fallon for sale sites, but I cannot find it now. It was priced well so I'm sure someone snagged it.

3rd for chris at douglas machine he is a cruiser head and so it his dad.. good honest people... you might get away with a hone and rering.. 22r are hard to kill...

paging Fallon Dan... he may know where a good used one is..

Your a long ways from Antarctica and in a wee bit dryer of a climate @2ndGenToyotaFan

Good to see green bastard on the road, or somewhat on the road.

Josh

Thanks for the recommendations! I decided to go with a rebuilt from Yota1 Performance. Reviews seem good, and I really like the owner Nick. So I'll be picking that up in August sometime and dropping my turd off with him at the same time. Minimal down time for sure, though I want to get my injectors cleaned and replace the radiator and such while I'm in it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom