Introduction and Parting out 60, cont'd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. I'm the guy parting out a 60. My name is Matt, and I'm in the process of rebuilding/restoring a '70 FJ55. Somewhere along the lines I picked up this 60 - and have decided to part it out. Pictures are available online at http://picasaweb.google.com/fstmatt/FJ60 . As Mark said, I'm trying to avoid shipping really big parts by posting locally first. Eventually I'll have to go that route but might as well give local folks first crack.

About the 60 - I'm the third owner. First owner had it for fourteen years and gave it to the second owner who is a friend of my dad. I'm sure you all known the story, he and his wife had kids, the 60 sat and finally the wife made him sell it.

The 60 runs strong - I've taken it out camping and did some wheeling with and it performed as a landcruiser should. It leaks oil from most of the seals, and so would need rebuilding to be in tip top shape. Paint is sun faded but the body is straight and clean. There is some bubbling of the paint on the rear wheel wells but that is the only suggestion of rust I can find. Glass all has cheap tint on it but no cracks, chips, etc. I haven't disassembled anything yet, but will be doing so soon. If you all want anything off of it, lemme know. Maybe we can work out a deal.

sounds like you should sell the whole thing as one unit, since it runs. i've seen way worse for sale as a running cruiser. some seals are no big deal to fix.

How much are you hoping to make by parting it out? I'd rather have a check for $1,500 all at once than make $2,000 over the next year. That piecemealed $2,000 will disappear much more easily. Plus, then you don't have a partially disassembled truck sitting in your driveway or garage for months on end, hoping that some person that wants the axles or all the front end body parts will call soon so you finally feel like you're making some good money instead of the $100 you made last month selling tail light lenses, console parts and door latch mechanisms.

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom