Introduction and Insurance/valuation question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a 20+ year hiatus, I am once again an FJ40 owner!

I just re-joined the TLCA and wanted to introduce myself here on the forum. I just bought a 1974FJ 40 and I couldn’t be happier.

I have a quick question about ensuring the vehicle for the full market value. I’ve got standard coverage set up with my insurance company but I think I might need to have an appraisal to establish replacement cost for full market value. Does anybody on here have any suggestions on what I might need to do? Any input is appreciated.

Doug Moore

I would definitely look at a classic or collector insurance company such as hagerty or grundys. Ask them lots of questions; annual mileage restrictions, deductible, what parts get used in event work is needed. I have hagerty and they offer cherished value coverage, which means if totaled, I get it back without having to buy it back.

I use American Modern. Has to be stored in a locked garage. They will insure for up to around 50k. I insured mine for 30k for just over $300/year. Found out last year policy is null and void if I’m off-roading. 🤬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom