Introduction and Grumpy FJ40 Adventures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mike it was an absolute pleasure getting to know you. I’m excited to stay in contact as you tinker with the rig and enjoy it. Cheers man!! I apologize to your wife in advance for the time you’re about to disappear into the garage, the endless orders rolling in from City Racer, Toyota etc. and hours you’ll have your nose buried in IH8mud forums.

Enjoy the journey
Andrew

Mike it was an absolute pleasure getting to know you. I’m excited to stay in contact as you tinker with the rig and enjoy it. Cheers man!! I apologize to your wife in advance for the time you’re about to disappear into the garage, the endless orders rolling in from City Racer, Toyota etc. and hours you’ll have your nose buried in IH8mud forums.

Enjoy the journey
Andrew
I can say the same about you Andrew. Seamless transaction with a very helpful seller. Summit Auto Transport was right on time with the rig. Pictures will be forthcoming. I went by Over The Mountain Cruisers today and met Cole. I made an appointment to have the rig gone over to prioritize work and meet a local who knows these trucks. They are a very knowledgeable crew over there and it will be a good place to meet other enthusiasts.

While you are waiting for your shop to be completed, there are some exercises that are recommended for all new 40 owners. You must limber up your fingers and wrist muscles in order to avoid sudden injury when reaching for your wallet to extract credit cards. :) :popcorn:

While you are waiting for your shop to be completed, there are some exercises that are recommended for all new 40 owners. You must limber up your fingers and wrist muscles in order to avoid sudden injury when reaching for your wallet to extract credit cards. :) :popcorn:
Yeah, I get that.

You want your thread in this section. You can probably change/edit the title, if you cant, you can probably ask a moderator to change the title for you. It would be nice to keep what's already been said. If you buy a sliver star you will lose the popup ads plus get some other benefits.

Last edited:
You want your thread in this section. You can probably change/edit the title, if you cant, you can probably ask a moderator to change the title for you. It would be nice to keep what's already been said. If you buy a sliver star you will lose the popup ads plus some other benefits.
OK. Sounds good.

First comfort modification on the Grumpy FJ40 was a driver seat extension kit. Yes, I paid for a kit because I didn't do enough research and I have limited skills and space right now. It shipped minus instructions but by searching threads on Mud, I was able to figure out the placement of the parts and get it done...ON THE FIRST TRY! That's huge for me. Normally, I have to install and remove so many times my wife makes me leave for a while so I don't start smashing stuff.

The mod creates so much more room and makes the driving position a lot more comfortable. Yay me.

You want your thread in this section. You can probably change/edit the title, if you cant, you can probably ask a moderator to change the title for you. It would be nice to keep what's already been said. If you buy a sliver star you will lose the popup ads plus get some other benefits.
Silver Star is done. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom