Introducing for the Holiday 2021 Season Call Out # 16381 BAR, FAN BELT " SELF " ADJUSTING 16381-00420 Siamese F , F1.5 & NON -USA 2F and 3F Carb. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com

(.22) - Copy.png

The Rising Sun Mechanical SKUNK WORKS

My wife Erin , BANDO our Company Mascot ...

&
Me / @ToyotaMatt

PROUDLY Present :

Introducing for the Holiday 2021 Season

Call Out # 16381

BAR, FAN BELT " SELF " ADJUSTING

16381-00420

Siamese F , F1.5

&
NON-USA 2F and 3F Carb.

This is Nothing less then many many long hours of PIPE DREAMS and Reality Mixing
Together in a TRU Ballet of Mechanical Harmony

:)

This is NOT a reproduction part in any way

its a NEW CONCEPT VISIONARY UPDATE Part Idea put forth to better serve all above

Land cruiser Models and engine platforms

(1.3) - Copy.png

(1) - Copy - Copy.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Matt:
Beautiful work on the self-adjusting alternator bracket. As usual, you hit it out of the park with this one. Photos of our installation coming soon.
Take care my friend.

Once the exclusive province of 79 and newer cruiser owners, I custom made an adjuster for my K5 Blazer many years ago, knowing the utility of such an item. Good on you for bringing the F engine owners up to the mark.😊

Once the exclusive province of 79 and newer cruiser owners, I custom made an adjuster for my K5 Blazer many years ago, knowing the utility of such an item. Good on you for bringing the F engine owners up to the mark.😊

Thank You very much Mark for your Positive Feedback and Comments

i knew when you happened upon it here on MUD , u might do a double take or simply wonder ........ 🤔

you VERY Positive influence over the last 30+ Years absolutely played a small or maybe not so small part in this true PIPE Dream of mine ...

i was thinking very very clearly about when you first Skooled me on your reproduction F Engine METAL Fan blade and water pump Spacer Disc ...

it crossed my mind one day a few weeks ago as i plugged away at the SHOP Made By Hand Prototype i submitted out for BIDS at the Metal and Fabrication Shops i

deal with now on a ever more regular basis .........

if you would like a professional sample mailed out , please let me know ..... :cool:

i have about 5-6 more same in kind NITCH Pre-Holidays UNICORN STATUS somethings i will be slowly leaking out here before the new year for sure ....

the Most Complex Animal , and well the BIG BANG Status i have planned , will Indeed and without a shadow of a doubt give DAKOTA DIGITAL a real run for there money ,

while providing lets just say ANOTHER OPTION for those who choose a Different path in there Vintage TOYOTA Lifecycle ........

again THANKS for all your Support and special Thing i call a FRIEND since 1990/ AGE 16

matt ......

:)

frontpage2.1 - Copy  2.jpg

Thanks for the kind words Matt. We will talk when I return from the desert about many new things, including parts to be sent in both directions.😉

Thanks for the kind words Matt. We will talk when I return from the desert about many new things, including parts to be sent in both directions.😉

Copy That Sir ........ :)

major update stay tuned for news worthy tech video too

The time has come and the time is NOW to harness the reins of our own future and the future of Vintage Toyota Teq Parts Needs and Wants ...........

even ones we never thought of or knew could or should exist till one day , one persons pipe dreams come alive once again .........

From @Krondor 's Futuristic ROTORY Switch KNOBS Vision of a old idea to @cruisermatt Breaking ALL the FSM Powertrain and Chassis rules Daily @ CruiserMatt ''s Off Road in Florida ,

Being surrounded by such inspiring inspiration daily here on MUD is 100% the SOLE reason the Particular and Specific Pipe Dream of mine is now indeed a

available reality

Thanks for Your Support !

kindly
matt

(.22).png

MAJOR UPDATE ON THIS PIPE DREAMS REALIZED PRODUCT

thanks for your support

Looking forward to seeing my ‘professional sample’ with my pending order…unless you’ve already shipped it. 😉

This is a must if you really like a well oiled machine. Matt made these really thinking of all details like a restored alternator or if you want the belt tensioned to spec like the FSM states. Also, if you are purist and like only orignal but can stray here and there for something truly impressive. Way to go sir!

410EC387-AFD5-4264-9511-23A61EA26740.jpeg

78825694-06CC-4C26-8B75-1DB802461CAE.jpeg

259E0848-8077-442A-9B78-03A51DF45A9D.jpeg

A3A0E866-81EF-41CA-9B1D-6F337C67F138.jpeg

I have one suggestion on this kit, which is awesome, what a great way to improve tensioning that belt. The way the adjustment bar has to be bolted under the bolt that also holds on the waterpump is a problem at times. To properly move the adjuster, you need to loosen that bolt to pivot it out of the way. This potentially can break the seal on that corner of the waterpump gasket. I also think that bolt passes into the waterjacket, I know a couple of those waterpump bolts do, so when I install them I use thread sealer. Breaking it loose also breaks the thread seal. Many, many moons ago, when I restored my 40, Dad and I got rid of the spacer settup and made a stud bolt for that spot. In other words, it is a bolt, with a head that retains pressure on the waterpump, with a stud off the end that also holds the adjuster.

We welded it up on our own, but I bet there is a ready made solution in the world, I just never looked for one to replace it.

Its just a thought for a design oversight we didn't like in the original settup. Could be a neat addition to your kit.

That is for sure a good idea. You do have to apply sealant to that particular bolt to hope the water pump doesn’t leak after removing it.

In 1968, when Toyota was forced to put an air pump on the Landcruiser for one year, they made exactly such a bolt.
DD570927-0B1F-49FC-A8F5-D498CE72F781.jpeg

These are all available for sale. 😊

Last edited:
I have one suggestion on this kit, which is awesome, what a great way to improve tensioning that belt. The way the adjustment bar has to be bolted under the bolt that also holds on the waterpump is a problem at times. To properly move the adjuster, you need to loosen that bolt to pivot it out of the way. This potentially can break the seal on that corner of the waterpump gasket. I also think that bolt passes into the waterjacket, I know a couple of those waterpump bolts do, so when I install them I use thread sealer. Breaking it loose also breaks the thread seal. Many, many moons ago, when I restored my 40, Dad and I got rid of the spacer settup and made a stud bolt for that spot. In other words, it is a bolt, with a head that retains pressure on the waterpump, with a stud off the end that also holds the adjuster.

We welded it up on our own, but I bet there is a ready made solution in the world, I just never looked for one to replace it.

Its just a thought for a design oversight we didn't like in the original settup. Could be a neat addition to your kit.

That’s a good point

Perhaps I should include a oem water pump
Gasket in the kits ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom