Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

interested in your club...

I have an 85 FJ60, bought about six months ago in Charleston. Some of you might have seen it for sale in the West Ashley Area. I get LOADS of information on this site and would like to meet up with fellow cruiserheads to swap ideas, tell stories, maybe trails, and basically talk cruisers.
My cruiser has about 153,000 miles, 4 spd, beige metallic, and doing well so far. I had McIntosh Imports machine and replace the exhaust/intake manifolds and gaskets, repair the radiator, and some other things, but it's basically been a great truck so far. It's not a daily driver but a 3rd vehicle, and I drive it into work a couple times a week and run some local errands with my 5 year old girl, she absolutely loves the truck. I've done some cosmetic stuff to it (CCOT console, interior stuff, various bulbs, etc.) and also a small tune up (new PCV valve, oil and wix filter, air filter, fuel filter, even did the sea foam treatment once, the neighbors really enjoyed the smoke and smell :whoops:
Where do you guys get parts? C-Dan? I need to get a choke cable and the FJ62 grab bar for my little girl. are there any decent junkyards in the Charleston Area where you have seen cruisers? Thanks and I plan on joining soon.:beer:

welcome BROWN....would love to have you join our band of misfits. Here is some information:

1- you can visit our club website for upcoming events...of which we have a work day this saturday with US Forestry Service and a wheeling trip to THE GULCHES on Monday you are welcome to join us in to meet everyone. website is Lowcountry Land Cruisers

2- there is a link on the front page for joining. as we are a sub chapter of the Upstate Cruisers you are directed to their page where you can join and pay. There is a button to select if you would prefer to be associated with the Lowcountry Land Cruisers versus the Upstate Cruisers...but membership in either gives you full access to club only events and benefits shared by both.

3- we have members spread all over...west ashley, mt pleasant, summerville, beaufort, florence, myrtle beach....so let us know how to get with you and we can start sharing some cruiser love. If you decide to join please also send your contact information and a picture of your rig to lowcountrylandcruisers@gmail.com so I can add you to our MEMBERS RIGS page.

Welcome and hope to see you Saturday or Monday...there are links and threads discussing both dates.

Take the plunge

Except for seeing Brock in a too tight tee thinking he's madona or me asleep with a racoon there's no down side to the club. So come on in the water's fine. And congrats on the new rig, I also have a 85 FJ-60 scattered in a few hundred pieces in the shop, hey it was a few thousand pieces making progress. :):cheers:Oh and welcome in advance:flipoff2:

I have an 85 FJ60, bought about six months ago in Charleston. Some of you might have seen it for sale in the West Ashley Area. I get LOADS of information on this site and would like to meet up with fellow cruiserheads to swap ideas, tell stories, maybe trails, and basically talk cruisers.
My cruiser has about 153,000 miles, 4 spd, beige metallic, and doing well so far. I had McIntosh Imports machine and replace the exhaust/intake manifolds and gaskets, repair the radiator, and some other things, but it's basically been a great truck so far. It's not a daily driver but a 3rd vehicle, and I drive it into work a couple times a week and run some local errands with my 5 year old girl, she absolutely loves the truck. I've done some cosmetic stuff to it (CCOT console, interior stuff, various bulbs, etc.) and also a small tune up (new PCV valve, oil and wix filter, air filter, fuel filter, even did the sea foam treatment once, the neighbors really enjoyed the smoke and smell :whoops:
Where do you guys get parts? C-Dan? I need to get a choke cable and the FJ62 grab bar for my little girl. are there any decent junkyards in the Charleston Area where you have seen cruisers? Thanks and I plan on joining soon.:beer:

The parts question is a can of worms on Ih8mud, there are several people who have had bad luck with one or another. However C Dan has a good overall rating from the masses. I personally have had good luck from SOr(Specter Off Road, bit pricey but part is usually in stock and usually the right one) Man a Fre is an old company and I have used them with only slight irritation usually relating to in stock status. CCOT has some friends and several enemy's on the site. Just check the advertisers section many are mud members and work the phone. Luck Doc:beer:

Added in edit Don't forget ralph hayes toyota the upstate sponser, they ship and have discounts to mud members and even biger discounts to Upstate Cruiser's Members so join LCLC a division of Upstate and call Ralph Hayes Toyota , check out there site, good folks and the discounts are a real help. Doc

Please welcome renewing member...Jason Corley (charlestonfj60) of James Island....sure hope you can attend one of our upcoming events and most of our meetings. Great to have you on board again.....

BAck?

Glad your back Jason but from the post's I never knew you were gone. When you gonna come to the meetings we miss you. :D

Welcome to the madness :bounce: :bounce2:

OLD State

Another two club individual, welcome to the warm state. Don't get sand in painful places.:eek: LOL DOC

Sean O'Leary, welcome and tell us a little about you and post a pic of your rig.

Guys welcome Sean from the Olde North State Cruisers and make him welcome.....

I was a member of UC last year, but, unfortunately, never got to attend anything!

We moved to Southern Pines, 2 1/2 yrs ago after 7 yrs in Steamboat Springs, CO. While out there, I got to go to Cruise Moab a few times, Katemcy with the Lone Star guys, drank beers with the Cascade Cruiser guys (and lots of other cruiserheads on layovers all over the US), hung out with some Wasatch Cruisers guys, Rising Sun guys, etc. I was part of a group of guys that started a club in Northern Colorado, but we never got traction and it folded after a yr or so.

I have yet to wheel my 40. I spent about 5 yrs working on it myself, and got it about 75-80% complete when I lost my garage when our house was for sale prior to moving to NC. I sent it to Jeremiah Proffitt to finish! He stored it for me for about 18 months, then finished it up last year.

I also have a 2003 Tacoma Double Cab and have wheeled that all over CO (including Black Bear Pass with my 8 mon old, at the time, daughter in the back seat) and Moab and I also took it to Katemcy a few years ago.

My 40 is loosely described in my signature, and can be seen in the link to pictures also in my signature. I still have a few things to do on my 40 - new driveshafts, hook up the air to my ARBs, get my York compressor tubed up, finish the rebuild of my Warn 8472, install my Paki top, etc. I just registered for Cruise Moab, so I have some motivation and a deadline now to get off my rear and get it done.

We, my wife, 5 yr old daughter and I, have a small horse farm here in Southern Pines (2 horses, a Welsh pony, a donkey, 4 cats, a rabbit and a yellow Lab). I'm a pilot at FedEx and have flown the MD-11 for the past 12 yrs, the last 3 as Captain.

I hope I can make some events, but sometimes life gets in the way. I had planned on the beach trip last Oct, but football season got in the way! Go Hokies! :D

Hope to meet some of you soon!

Thanks for the intro.....welcome. We all understand how life and work gets in the way of fun. Hope you can make it to our meeting at Myrtle Beach in February to meet some of the guys and swap lies. If not then hopefully at the North Meets South Fall Run in Cullowhee or one of the other events. We are thinking of moving Lowcountry Boil to Carolina Beach so that should help you as long as football is not a conflict that weekend. :D

Welcome again...

got email from prospective member Tristan with an FJ40...trying to get them in here to introduce themselves but Tristan sent pics and will start a welcome thread with them if nothing else is posted today.....

I drive a 1977 FJ40 RHD from New Zealand. It is pretty much all original except for the roof rack..I bought it in the summer of 06 and I drive it mostly for pleasure but once I sell my VW it will become my daily driver..cant wait..hope those people driving those hybrids don't mind..I put in a new clutch, flywheel and kept up on it as best as I can..I just bought a front disk brake kit to be put in very soon so no more having to grab my steering wheel when slamming on my brakes cuz of charleston traffic..

What I hope to get out of it is to meet new people, friends and have a getaway from same old s*** different day.

I work at Porter Paints in North Charleston as a Assistant Store Manager..if yall ever need any paint let me know I can hook ya up..

I moved down here from Indiana 3 years ago..best move i ever made..

Hope to get to meet all of you soon...Tristan

Welcome to the club.
I just kind of became a painter out of default.
Work was slowing down (home repair and remodeling) and had 2 people ask if I would paint their
houses. Now, it looks like I'm going to paint another one soon.
I'll look you up if that happens.

You coming to the MB meeting tomorrow??

Work was slow in Jan for us but lately things have picked up thank goodness..

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it..I have got my TLCA membership card in yet and haven't paid my membership fee for the club..ill meet with u guys sometime here soon..

NEWBEe

Hi Everyone,

I am FJ Pete of Conway & Marion, SC My Fj is 2007 With 3" Pro comp lift. Walker Evans shocks, BFG 285 KO's. Love to 4-wheel.

I own a Graphic Design Shop. Would live to help with Decals and T-shirts

Thanks
Pete Right angle.jpg

Hey Pete,

You didn't waste anytime getting online I see. Glad you made it!
Ron "Brock" is going to send you some artwork. I emailed him the other day with your offer and he was out of town. Should be back today though?

Welcome aboard

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom