Introduce yourself

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star

Hello all,
Welcome to the Gold Coast Cruiser clubhouse page.

We have members all over southern California though, and are always welcoming more.

Our club has ties to the original Ventura County Landcruiser Club which started the TLCA.

mpguy@aol.com for more info. Or feel free to post up here.
gcclogo1.jpg
08.jpg

Last edited:

Bluto

Hey Paul, tis about time GCC got on here. :cheers:

Only attended one run with GCC and I recall I had a good friendly time with the group.

Still working on the club application (are last years application still good?) and TLCA membership :D - hope to get it done along with my new uninstalled lifts :doh:. Yes I am a slacker!

No sliders yet though - you have Metal Tech ones Ooooh Ahhhh.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star

yeah, last years is still good, or I can send you another one.
Better get that TLCA card before the fee's go up!
or did it already do that?

our next meeting is Calico Clean Up.

No january meeting at the end of the month.

Pablo, I'm Chris's brother Mike and I was the Pres. of Gold Coast for a short time way back when. I now live up north in Roseville. I somehow inherited an old wood plack with the original Ventura Co. Landcruiser club emblem on it like the one on the right of your posting. Do you want it? It's a piece of history from the old club.

Mike

Bluto

Pablo, I'm Chris's brother Mike and I was the Pres. of Gold Coast for a short time way back when. I now live up north in Roseville. I somehow inherited an old wood plack with the original Ventura Co. Landcruiser club emblem on it like the one on the right of your posting. Do you want it? It's a piece of history from the old club.

Mike
Im not representing Paul or anything but that would be awesome to display at the monthly meetings or offroading events the group goes.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star

Hey Mike,
yeah, that would be cool if it's something that you would be willing to give up.
I just don't want to take a gift from you if that's what it was.

Being past president, would you have any contact info from past members that we could use? possibly?

thanks

Pablo,
I'll get the plack to Chris. Unfortunately I have not contact info. Ron is the best bet for this since he was involved in the evolution of Gold Coast from the original Ventura Co. Landcruisers. Ken Welch is another person that may have info but I don't believe he's part of the club since he started the new one in Oxnard.

Mike

e9999

You want to do what...?

Not officially a club member, but glad to see this club corner started.
I'm a bit up North towards Santa Barbara, but always looking for a nice ride to go on. Will be happy to host a ride up here as well if you guys want a change of scenery. Looking forward to interacting with some of you.
Eric

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star

i'd love to find some runs up your way.
we also have a few members from your neck of the woods and beyond.

maybe there's a trail we could adopt?

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star

Wow, that's sharp. Welcome to the group!
We are meeting in Ventura tomorrow night at the Carrow's off of Seaward Ave and the 101.

What are your plans for the rig?

Sorry Pablo, missed your reply. I read somewhere you guys meet the last Wed of every month at Carrows? I also saw a flyer at the Vta Toyota dealership the other day with club info on it.

Since it is a high miler (but runs perfectly) I don't plan to modify it just yet. If I have major engine trouble I will begin there and see where it goes. My plan is to keep this thing forever. First thing I need to do is get a CDL switch and get some good covers for the two front seats.

I will try to make the next meeting and meet you all face to face. I grew up in Ventura and may know some of you. I recently got stationed back here a couple of years ago after being abroad for a while. Marine Corps decided to make me live on the East coast for much of my career. I am due to retire in a couple of years and plan to stay here at home in Ventura County.

PabloVTA

beside La Caja China
SILVER Star

Welcome to the group!
Next Saturday a group is heading out to Rowher Flats near Valencia.

TOY350

#1 Super Guy
SILVER Star

Just ran into one of your club members today. I was under my 80 running the CB antenna line and noticed a mini out front of my driveway. He asked about my IH8MUD plate and we BS'ed from there. He has a white 62 and is from Moorpark. I used to live in Simi so we have some common ground beyond Cruisers.

Garett
TOY350

ISOLATR

Just ran into one of your club members today. I was under my 80 running the CB antenna line and noticed a mini out front of my driveway. He asked about my IH8MUD plate and we BS'ed from there. He has a white 62 and is from Moorpark. I used to live in Simi so we have some common ground beyond Cruisers.

Garett
TOY350
That would be Chris. We miss him terribly:crybaby:

TOY350

#1 Super Guy
SILVER Star

That would be Chris. We miss him terribly:crybaby:
Once he settles in I will have to take him around so he keeps his rigs flexing and dirty. He said he was saddened by all the J**ps he came across but found some hope stopping at my driveway. We will treat him well up here!

toyrunner

Once he settles in I will have to take him around so he keeps his rigs flexing and dirty. He said he was saddened by all the J**ps he came across but found some hope stopping at my driveway. We will treat him well up here!
We were just talking about whether the rig was getting dirty from sitting, or wheeling? :lol:
There seems to be some good wheeling up there on your part of the woods.
Danny

Top Bottom