introduce yourself and your cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gold Boy

🇨🇦 🇺🇸
SILVER Star
Threads
thanks Woody! :bounce2: this is great! :bounce:

please tell us a little about yourself and your cruiser.

:beer:

Hellooooo! I am a Cruiser interlopper who was born and raised in Princeton but drives a Safari. :D Of course, the important stuff is I like beer - especially now that I have found Tree Pale Ale. I'm a member of the Coastal Cruisers living in Abby and hope to be able to come and be a CC spy at some of your meetings. I get up to Princeton every once in a while and am often passing through at 110 trying to get to a meeting on time. I am glad that most wheelers from the Coast only do the Whipsaw leaving me thousands of kms of trails to myself. In reality, I usually end up fixing stuff at my mom's house and am lucky to get out for a short wheel near town.

Good on ya Simon for getting this going. :beer:

Pic from 2 years ago. I'll likely be up in April and we'll have to find some spring break-up trails or some early ice-off fishing.

I am sure the owner of the Cruiser in this pic has a better pic to intro himself.

2174880369_e62a000e01.jpg

Last edited:
Like most LC owners, once you've experienced ownership, they are in your blood. I had and loved my FJ40 for years. Then babies came and the 40 was too rough for them. I was Landcruiserless for years figured id never own another at the brutal sticker price of a new one.

Aint' life grand, the wife says we need a bigger rig because the Suzuki is too small for the family...:hmm: Well the very same babies that caused the dissapearence of my last LC caused the appearence of the next one. The kids are almost gone, and the mods will continue.

It will be cool to get together around a fire at some obscure place in the middle of nowhere surrounded by LCs, I can't wait.

2007Fishing 184.jpg
2007Fishing 184.jpg

Hello

Hi,

Thanks for getting this thing going. There are alot of LCs cruising around the area and i think it is overdue for us to stop just giving the ol´ "Hey man... nice cruiser!" hand gesture, and finally meet some of these guys or gals with the same interest.

My name is Tamarack Currie, live in Kelowna, love Toyotas, flyfishing, hunting, and of course... beer! I have a 1991 HDJ81 VX Limited, 96,000kms, Factory winched, 33" Geo´s, LSD, center diff lock but no front and rear lockers. The center console fridge/icemaker is the best part ......for soda of course;). Needs some tuning up but in all, mint. Love it. I cant add a picture right now because I am in Nicaragua at the moment but will when I get home in two weeks.:cheers:

Hi All,

Great idea to start a local TLC club in the area. There should be lots of interest with plenty of local Toyota enthusiasts in the area. I belonged to the Nissan & "Import" 4X4 club in Calgary. I was the only guy with a Cruiser.:p

I own a BJ 42 with 75,000 original km that I found in a field and fixed up (definately a story behind that find):)

I am currently doing a power steering conversion based on a build thread I found here on MUD. I have owned Cruisers for many years and hope to have every car in the driveway be a Cruiser someday....

Looking for good wheeling in the area & good folks to do it with...

My 1985 BJ70 is going through an almost frame off, supposed to be ready for cruiser days. That land cruiser guy in south Langley ( Ciaran ) put a 13BT in last year. So it will be good to last the rest of my life.

i live in Hedley here in the beautiful Similkameen valley, i enjoy fly fishing, camping and soon hopefully hunting.

i has a bj74 which is getting more and more modified [subject to financing] :D.
DCP_2050 (Medium).JPG

I don't live in the interior but spend my summers searching for out of the way lakes and in the winter heading up one of the many great ski mountains to do some boarding.
I have several Cruisers any of these may pass by you on the road or in the back country in B.C.
Missing in the picture is my BJ41 and BJ42
100_0726.jpg

Last edited:
New to Toyotas

Hey there,
Just bought my first LC. An /84 diesel wagon. I've been driving old Subaru's for years and finally made the jump to something more 'serious'.
This is also my first diesel so I am going through a bit of a learning curve.
I have been living in Cawston for about 5 years now and have spent quite a bit of time up in the mountains 'round these parts. I'm excited to get the LC running well enough to take it on it's maiden voyage. (Well, I did take it up the Ashinola the second night I had it. But then after some heating brakes figured I'd best get it tip top before trying that again.)
I'll keep an eye on the board for any up coming events.

thx3232

P.S. Now that we are all friends, anyone got an extra alternator/vacuum pump for sale?

Hey there,
Just bought my first LC. An /84 diesel wagon. I've been driving old Subaru's for years and finally made the jump to something more 'serious'.
This is also my first diesel so I am going through a bit of a learning curve.
I have been living in Cawston for about 5 years now and have spent quite a bit of time up in the mountains 'round these parts. I'm excited to get the LC running well enough to take it on it's maiden voyage. (Well, I did take it up the Ashinola the second night I had it. But then after some heating brakes figured I'd best get it tip top before trying that again.)
I'll keep an eye on the board for any up coming events.

thx3232

P.S. Now that we are all friends, anyone got an extra alternator/vacuum pump for sale?

welcome!

meeting this Thursday.

I don't live in the interior but spend my summers searching for out of the way lakes and in the winter heading up one of the many great ski mountains to do some boarding.
I have several Cruisers any of these may pass by you on the road or in the back country in B.C.
Missing in the picture is my BJ41 and BJ42

welcome Dieseler!

hope you can join us sometime.

:beer:

Hi Gold Boy

Hi Gold Boy

Bill and I had a good night after we traded a few beverages with you.

happy trails ...

Glenn

Just bought an HJ61, she needs a few things but we went Cranbrook to Kelowna no probs...I'm addicted! :)

I will definitely get some pics up...so far all I have is a pic with the dash apart the day after I bought it to fix the stereo!

Welcome to the addiction...:flipoff2:.

Keep your eye on this board for an up and coming meeting or trail run.

New to Ok Valley

Hi All,

I own a 1990 HZJ 73 that's been modified by me. This is my 3rd running cruiser after owning a Canadian BJ70 and BJ60. I also have a FJ55 which is in pieces and modified into a Truck cab. Long term plan is to put an 80 series chassis and running gear under it.

Thought I'd say hi and hope to hook up and sniff tires and swap a few lies.

Cheers,
John

170.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom