1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Your Self!

Discussion in 'CA- Toyota Rocks' started by pygpen, Aug 16, 2006.

1. pygpen

pygpen

Allright, I guesse somebody needs to start this off :grinpimp:

Hi, my name is Pat Kennedy and my wife has a Land Cruiser problem.......
    Kim, my wife doesn't care for the great outdoors much, but my 4 kids love it!

I've been a (relatively) long time member of TLCA, and PMC. I'm interested in joining your club because it is much more local and everyone seems like a great bunch of people. I look forward to meeting and wheeling with you.

I have 3 cruisers presently. My first one was a handmedown from my Uncle. Its a SWB FJ45 PU with the removable top. My uncle had a V8/TH400 and power steering added when he had it. It is my pride and joy!
    [​IMG]

I also have an FJ40 I got when it was stock. It now has all the bells and whistles to conquer the more difficult trails and drive me home afterward. You may have met me working on Cadilac Hill for Rubithon, making sure everyone gets out quick and safe.
    [​IMG]

The 40 will probably go up for sale and be replaced by my current project. The plan for this 55 is to be able to take me, my Wife Kim and our 4 kids anywhere, tag any trail up to the difficulty of rubicon/fordyce and get us home. It will also need to get us to Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma's......
    [​IMG]
    Well, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!
    PMK

2. dfmorse

dfmorse

It looks like someone has stolen my idea on 55 bumpers; more detail on these please.

...and welcome

3. Dirty Money

Dirty Money

Pat,

What can you tell me about PMC and Toyota Rocks?

Is PMC active? Its web site looks out of date.

Is Toyota Rocks a new club? Where can I get more information?

4. General Sherman

General Sherman

Intro

Thanks for starting this Pat

My Name is Neil if your already in the club you know me and my lovely wife Tara. If your not in the club yet i'm the newly elected club President and would like to extend an invitation to any of our functions.
    I also have been a long time member of TLCA and currently have a fleet of Toyota's
    The first is a 76 FJ40 SBC,SM420 yada yada yada.. Old school built but works

The socond is my 1962 with the coveted bezel prime for restoration

And last for now is my wifes 1994 FZJ80. Factory locked... We are starting a build on this so more to come.

If anyone would like to know more about the club please pm me or by all means come to our next meeting. We meet the second Monday each month at the Creekside Cafe, Bar and Grill in Downtown Vacaville Right on the corner of Davis and Main streets. Meetings usually last a couple of hours and start at 7pm. Hope to see you there
    Neil

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  5. numtel

numtel

My name is Ben. I drive an FJ40 with a 350 and TH350 transmission. I am a student at Chico state. I've only been wheeling for about 2 years because I'm only 18.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. cougarfreak

cougarfreak

I'm Chad "Cougarfreak" Zierenberg. I own a '97 4Runner Soccer Dad style :) My sig says it all... Dana 60 rear retrofit soon to come:bounce:

I am a member of TLCA, Cal 4wheel, TTORA, FOTR, Blue Ribbon Coalition, NorCal 80's, photographer for the Valley Off Road Racing Association (VORRA), and current President of the Trailbusters 4x4 Club of Solano County. I am not yet a member of Toyota Rocks, but have every intention of becoming one.

[​IMG]
    Winter Fun Fest '06

[​IMG]
    Moab, Behind the Rocks down Wipe Out CM '06

[​IMG]
    Crossed up in Moab, Kane Creek Trail CM '06

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  7. numtel

numtel

Dana 60 now? What happened to the centered cruiser?

8. cougarfreak

cougarfreak

I'd have been left in the same predicament, more $$$$ for a little more strength... $130 and I have a d60 for refreshing... Cheaper, and stronger.

9. rockthedog

rockthedog

my name is glenn white, i am a current member of the club , ......also the safety officer:D

i drive a 77 40 with just about everything on it that can be had except 60's front and rear......someday.

this is a great bunch of people ......yah even you neil:grinpimp:

my son clint is also in the club.......he has gone to the darkside and owns a jeep , but i havn't given up on him yet.

the pic i'm postin is from last summer in old sluice rubicon......i tried 37"mtrs for half the summer .....they were great but i went back to the 38.5 sx's which i run at this time.......

pat thanks for setting us up!

glenn
    old sluice prt1.jpg

10. UKMyers

UKMyers

Hi my name is Joey "UK" Myers. I'm driving a 94 4-Runner that was on 33's with a bunch of goodies. It's currrently in the shop being SASed, leaf conversion in the rear and getting a Dual Ultimate installed from Marlin. I started getting heavily into Toyotas while I was stationed in England that is where the UK came from. I was lucky enough to wheel my 4-Runner in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. I'm originally from Northern Idaho where the only truck you see on the trails are Toys. I just moved down here to Norcal from WA not too long ago and all the trails around here are new to me. I knew the first time I seen em my 33's and open diffs were not going to cut it hence the build. I have been to Hollister and Pismo but really looking forward to the real trails this summer once I have a capable rig. I

'm looking forward to meeting more of you guys and becoming a member of the various clubs and groups. I've been a club member of various offroad motorcycle clubs for years and truely believe being in a club is the only way to go.

Here is a shot of my 4-Runner before the cutting began.
    [​IMG]

Here's a link to the current build up
    http://www.trailbusters4x4.org/forum/showthread.php?t=124

11. atoyot

atoyot

Hey guys my name is Russ. I've never been to a meeting and probably won't anytime soon do to my work hours. I haven't been wheeling in a long time. I have a '73 FJ40 that was given to me by my Dad. It is a stock bruiser and a slow work in progress. It needs a lot of attention before I want to start wheeling it again. I was a member of PMC for a couple years but just didn't participate enough. I think I met Glenn outside Hollywood video one time and I saw Niel with his FJ BBQ at the PMC swap meet one time. I like to check in to this board since it's local but I probably won't be wheeling anytime soon. Take it easy.

Russ

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">