Intro! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm Chris from St. Louis, MO. Been using the forum as a guest for a while soaking up all of the information. I've just bought a 100 series from a buddy of mine. My intentions started out innocently enough.. but then I spent time on here, now I already want to modify it!

41454559_729094127438852_1863668588673555148_n.jpg

Welcome to the party! Love that deep blue. What are the details of your rig and what plans do you have for it? I started modifying mine the day I got it home

Nice color! Check / replace your heater's T!

Welcome to the party! Love that deep blue. What are the details of your rig and what plans do you have for it? I started modifying mine the day I got it home

This unit is a '98, with 200-something K on it. Plans for now are some tires to get through winter. The side steps have already been removed for instant lift status, I intend to get some sliders at some point. There's a few cool off road parks out here, and I want to go try them out next year.
42002422_1638729436231754_4717335358521165525_n (Medium).jpg

Nice color! Check / replace your heater's T!

Thanks for the info! A quick search and this thread was the first result - DIY: Replacing heater hose pipe T's *important* - I'm just leaving it here to remind myself! lol. I have this whole folder of mainteance receipts to go through, and I'll see if they've already been done.

41704358_334182317333185_3720085743232592836_n (Medium).jpg

Thanks for the info! A quick search and this thread was the first result - DIY: Replacing heater hose pipe T's *important* - I'm just leaving it here to remind myself! lol. I have this whole folder of mainteance receipts to go through, and I'll see if they've already been done.

Very nice. Rear lockers? I was set on a '98 or '99 so I could get the rear locker

Those pipe T's very well might not show up on a service record. They're a cheap, quick fix. Lots of threads about how essential and easy this preventative maintenance is as well as how deceptive their condition can be until you actually pull them

Very nice. Rear lockers? I was set on a '98 or '99 so I could get the rear locker

Those pipe T's very well might not show up on a service record. They're a cheap, quick fix. Lots of threads about how essential and easy this preventative maintenance is as well as how deceptive their condition can be until you actually pull them

Yeah, has the rear locker. I'll definitely check them and maybe just order some so that I have them.

Man that trucks looks so familiar! View media item 74683
I didn't even get mine home after purchasing before modding it. Straight to the stereo and tint shop and had 33s on it the day she finally got home.

What are you thinking about doing? Jealous of that rear locker, that's a gem!

@LandCruiserPhil ’s rear mud flap eliminators will give you even more ‘lift’! Cheap and easy: Mud Flap Eliminators - Land Cruiser Products - LCP

Those are cool! Will probably install them after seeing bumpers getting ripped off. I do want some front flaps though, or maybe I'll just have to order sliders sooner than later.

Man that trucks looks so familiar!

I didn't even get mine home after purchasing before modding it. Straight to the stereo and tint shop and had 33s on it the day she finally got home.

What are you thinking about doing? Jealous of that rear locker, that's a gem!

Probably some 285's, and a remote start to get me through winter hah. Then, I kind of want to wheel it a little and replace stuff from there.

Do you have family here or in the TN area you were in? If you make it back in the Cruiser let me know, there are some good trails in N GA and in TN.

Do you have family here or in the TN area you were in? If you make it back in the Cruiser let me know, there are some good trails in N GA and in TN.

Definitely will, I still have a lot of friends down in the ATL area, and a lot of them are into wheeling. Will probably make a trip of it at some sort! A buddy of mine has a sweet old Cruiser! Turbo diesel and RHD. He had it shipped over from Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom