Builds Intro: Ugly Betty(so far) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Why not make them yourself or find a local panel beater.
Hi Michael

If I do not come right with one of the US or AUS vendors, I will have to go that route.

Realsteelcruiserparts looks very good but my emails to them keep bouncing for some reason - maybe bad weather conditions ?

Rear lower corners are not that hard to make there must be some metal fabricators in your area that can make them for you.
It has the benefit of faster delivery and no damages from transport.

Fitted these bad boys and very happy sofar ...

ring & pinion.jpg

Fitting some new u- bolts and experimenting with swapping in some new leaf combinations ..

20210625_213254.jpg

Hwzt Theo @tmarx ! long time, just re read your build thread again as Im on a similar track with a 1UZ vvti. How is it holding up? I know you went with spitronics ECU, does that do a good job with the vvti?

Hope all Well

Vossie

Last edited:
Hi Vossie.

Long time indeed ! Yeah all is good thanks. The 1UZ is still perfect and uses no oil or water etc. The combo has now done 60 000kms and as you know Olive is a working girl so most of those 60 000kms has been off road on trips etc

My Spitronics ECU's are now 11 years old so I assume there are newer and better, smaller ones available now, but I am happy with what I have as I have not had a day's trouble ?
Are you staying manual or going auto ?

Hi Vossie.

Long time indeed ! Yeah all is good thanks. The 1UZ is still perfect and uses no oil or water etc. The combo has now done 60 000kms and as you know Olive is a working girl so most of those 60 000kms has been off road on trips etc

My Spitronics ECU's are now 11 years old so I assume there are newer and better, smaller ones available now, but I am happy with what I have as I have not had a day's trouble ?
Are you staying manual or going auto ?
Going auto, keeping the a650e 5 speed that was originally behind my 1uz in my lexus Ls400 and have made an adaptor for the t case to bolt onto it. But my build is pretty far left field, not even quite land cruiser chassis. Its a hill surf chassis with the 1uz and auto with a fj45 body on top :grinpimp:

New flywheel bolts , rear main oil seal, pilot bearing, clutch fork with rubber boot, gearlever cushion, bush and rubber boot, Heavy Duty Terrain Tamer clutch assembly, release bearing, rebuilt gearbox with new bearings and seals and rebuilt the prop-shafts. Also replaced the gearbox x-member rubber mounting/cushion .

She has never been so quiet and smooth in her life ! :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom