Intro Thread / Question about AC evaporator drain line drip path (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all--

I've been lurking on this forum forever, but since I've finally become the proud owner of a 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser in Freeborn Red of my own, I created an account. The mud welcome message prompts you to post an intro thread in the relevant tech forum, so here I am. Picture attached. Ignore that cable on my drivewaym that was mid-project when I was seeing how I liked the look of the stock bumper as compared to a big ARB bull bar with aux lights.

I've noticed quite a lot of water pooling under the truck. Reading through some old threads, I've seen that a number of people have pointed this out, and I think it's possible that I'm just extra jumpy about seeing a pool of anything under an older vehicle that's just come into my possession. Anyway, while I was investigating the source of the drip (photo attached) I noticed that the drain line drips right over a frame rail and then onto the front passenger leaf spring/shackle junction.

I took a stiff wire bent into a coiled hook and ran it up the drain hose a few times to make sure it was clear, nothing came out.

If this truck is going to drip this much water all the time (I live in Southern California near the coast, it was extremely humid by local standards today, about 77%), is it supposed to drip right onto major steel assemblies? To me this seems like an invitation to rust. I have half a mind to clamp on a bit longer hose and drain the water safely onto the ground.

Thoughts?

IMG_0469.jpg

(Sorry, I tried to include a picture of the truck by way of introductions but I'm new to the ih8mud media handling system.)

56056288273__5EEA338D-DD87-4C48-9075-B2455777DD20.JPG

Welcome to mud! Great 62.

i see no harm in extending that line if you are concerned with rust. if you do any wheeling consider where that line would run to keep it safe from damage from suspension flex and wheeling hazards

It should only drip when the AC is running, or immediately after the AC was running and the truck is shut down.

If you’ve got water dripping non-stop all the time you should inspect the heater hoses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom