Intro- "The Dude Magnet" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The small tail lights a d acorn hubs caps ended around the end of 68 I believe. Same with tall single level hood pads. Seen a few early 69 with them. If Toyota didn't drop anything pre 3/69 would be easier to track changes.

But those don't matter as this appears to be a 70 model not a 69. Clearance lights on the side verses reflectors and no bib lights started with the 70 model. I have a 10/69 70 model. If the tubs is original to the frame think it would date 10/69+.
yes tag says 11/69. so it would be a 70 model per Toyota?

First update in a long time, figured I'd keep the Intro thread alive...

last year was the summer of the carb, got that all worked out along with functioning lights and most gauges.

This year is suspension- after much hemming and hawing I just got a 2" OME kit installed. I want to keep it original, but decided I love the stance of the OME and 33's, so what the hell. Just picked it up today and man the ride is so much better.

NOTE: for this setup, I followed @SipLife's advice and had the mechanic make sure the rear wheel was centered. His initial response was "I don't listen to guys on the internet" but when it came time he said it could be moved 3/4" back and yes in fact it looks better there. Thank you Mud!

I have Kenda Klevers on order, but really want to paint the wheels stock grey before I mount the new tires. I'm looking at renting a sprayer and doing it myself due to a $150/wheel powdercoating quote. Planning on epoxy primer and RAL 7036 after poking around here.

Here she is with the lift, little BFG's holding it down for the moment. More to come!
IMG_3141.jpg

Thanks Christian! Still glad I went crazy and made the pilgrimage. Got any 40's in the garage these days?
We do! Beige '82 and spring green '70.
You coming to the solid axle summit this year?

We do! Beige '82 and spring green '70.
You coming to the solid axle summit this year?
you're kidding me. you never sold the spring green one? good move, she's a beaut.

I wish I got signed up for SAS, gonna be out of CO anyway. Targeting Cruise Moab...

last year was the summer of the carb, got that all worked out along with functioning lights and most gauges.

This year is suspension- after much hemming and hawing I just got a 2" OME kit installed. I want to keep it original, but decided I love the stance of the OME and 33's, so what the hell. Just picked it up today and man the ride is so much better.

NOTE: for this setup, I followed @SipLife's advice and had the mechanic make sure the rear wheel was centered. His initial response was "I don't listen to guys on the internet" but when it came time he said it could be moved 3/4" back and yes in fact it looks better there. Thank you Mud!

I have Kenda Klevers on order, but really want to paint the wheels stock grey before I mount the new tires. I'm looking at renting a sprayer and doing it myself due to a $150/wheel powdercoating quote. Planning on epoxy primer and RAL 7036 after poking around here.

Here she is with the lift, little BFG's holding it down for the moment. More to come!
View attachment 3358754
Looks great. You should definitely make it out to SAS at some point, it’s a family centered event with great people. I’ll be driving my 40 up there from DFW again this year.

View attachment 3358754

Did you get the hazard flashers working?

View attachment 3358754
Cool truck! No need to rent a sprayer. Wire wheel it. Then use rattle can self etching primer. Then find rattle can color of your choice and go to town and then install new tires.

Agree with scuff and shoot. I like Massey Ferguson Gray on my steelies...right out of the rattle can.
IMG_3459[1].JPG

yep~ hazards work, turn signals and horn intermittently. speedo worked for a hot second, then died. gotta get in there and figure it out.
Reason I asked about the hazards is 68,69,70 have a fuse in the wiring harness accessible from the center cowl vent. Was the last wiring issue I fixed on my 68. Not knowing where to start and no internet in 1974 I went to the local dealer who quoted me a couple hours to tear the dash apart to get to the fuse. Didn't have the funds at the time in my life and figured I could live without hazard lights. Cleaning out the cowl I found the inline fuse right on top of the harness. Not sure if the time I was quoted was Toyota book time or a dealer trying to take advantage of a young adult. Either way I've been leary of dealers ever since.

Summer '23 wheels and suspension project complete! Posted on a couple other threads but want to keep this complete here.

Ground, primed and painted the wheels with a gloss Rustoleum grey:
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 9.47.15 AM.png

IMG_3225.jpg

Replaced the dry-rotted 235/75/15 KO2's with 33x9.50x15 Kenda Klevers:

IMG_3255.jpg

Clay bar and wax:

IMG_3246.jpg

4th of July deadline met!

Screen Shot 2023-07-04 at 2.51.47 PM.jpeg

Now I'll start obsessing over the seats...and stuck 4WD hub...and assorted leaks and drips...

Summer '23 wheels and suspension project complete! Posted on a couple other threads but want to keep this complete here.

Ground, primed and painted the wheels with a gloss Rustoleum grey:
View attachment 3366047
View attachment 3366049

Replaced the dry-rotted 235/75/15 KO2's with 33x9.50x15 Kenda Klevers:

View attachment 3366051

Clay bar and wax:

View attachment 3366052

4th of July deadline met!

View attachment 3366055

Now I'll start obsessing over the seats...and stuck 4WD hub...and assorted leaks and drips...
Wasn't aware they came out with an M/T. Those tires look fantastic, what a great stance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom