Intro post - I'm a newbie and need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I just recently purchased a 100 series LC from a family member. I am looking to build it into a sweet rig to be able to reach fishing spots and conquer harsh conditions during the winter months. From what I know it has been sitting for quite some time. I have replaced the battery, and begun siphoning out the old gas. Those are the only items that I have ticked off the checklist. I would like to be responsible in making sure everything is working as it should/intended prior to adding any fun goodies. It has about 145k miles on it and was mostly highway driven. If you could recommend some shops in the MD, or northern VA area that are reputable and able to do these maintenance items that would be awesome. To my knowledge the brake failure issue has happened already and was replaced, I can confirm the brakes do indeed work. However, I do not know what maintenance has been done so far or what needs to be done. Hoping to hear back from this great community. Cheers.

specs:
2001 mica blue LC 145k miles

X2 for iron pig. Lance is outstanding in his knowledge, capability and customer service.

If he can’t get you in, Ryan at OTRAAM is a solid choice as well.

Iron pig is in Fredericksburg and OTRAAM is in Opal

I definitely can agree. Lance and Ryan are top notch. I have had both of them work on my cruisers and 4Runners

Also, go post up in the Capital Landcruisers club page. Those boys are more local to you and may have some closer options. Good Luck!

Hello all,
I just recently purchased a 100 series LC from a family member. I am looking to build it into a sweet rig to be able to reach fishing spots and conquer harsh conditions during the winter months. From what I know it has been sitting for quite some time. I have replaced the battery, and begun siphoning out the old gas. Those are the only items that I have ticked off the checklist. I would like to be responsible in making sure everything is working as it should/intended prior to adding any fun goodies. It has about 145k miles on it and was mostly highway driven. If you could recommend some shops in the MD, or northern VA area that are reputable and able to do these maintenance items that would be awesome. To my knowledge the brake failure issue has happened already and was replaced, I can confirm the brakes do indeed work. However, I do not know what maintenance has been done so far or what needs to be done. Hoping to hear back from this great community. Cheers.

specs:
2001 mica blue LC 145k miles
At 145 k miles? It's nearly new. Change fluids, check brakes, repack front wheel bearings and spindle bearings (because it's never been done), lube UJs, and drive.

Have you tried “cranking” the motor yet?

If not, take the plugs out and soak the cylinders with marvels mystery oil. This will help prevent breaking a piston ring/scoring a cylinder wall.

I would probably add in replacing the spark plugs and maybe giving the MAF and throttle body a cleaning. Also would probably throw in a new air filter since that will give you the opportunity to confirm no critters have made a nest in there. Also check in the valley between the cylinders to see if there is a nest in there as well. Don’t want that to catch on fire when it heats up the first time.

Thank you all for the replies. I am sure I'll be asking questions soon.

update:
I misremembered mileage sitting at 155k,
and filled her up and drove around and all seems well. I do want to replace the lower tailgate panel as it seems to be the only piece with rust because of a huge crack running through it. I did some research and think its part number 65061 but can anyone confirm or speak to being able to replace it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom