Intro - Light question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Intro: Hi All I have gotten a lot of useful info from the forums and finally joined after seeing the community here. I am 24, hail from north Idaho and I have a 2000 LX470 with 300K and climbing miles. My LX refuses to die but was beginning to show its age from long family trips when I was growing up and the relentless salted roads. My Dad gave it a new lease on life by wrapping it in vinyl and fixing the disintegrating driver's seat before passing it on to me. It is a great car and I am grateful to be a part of this community now. I'd love to get into Overlanding if you are in the same region as me please say hi.

My question: Lights are not a new topic here, but I was wondering if there have been any updates in recent years. A lot of my climate control lights have gone out and muscle memory is the only thing guiding me to the buttons now. Has anyone found good replacements for the HVAC control panel lights minus replacing the whole thing? I am not a huge fan of led's on the interior, but if that's what works best I have no problem using them. I would also like to do a full led swap on the front end. A lot of people seem to like Super Bright LEDs is that still a recommendation from members here? I do have a front light bar and ditch lights for running around my rural forest roads at night, but need better bulbs for the headlights so I am not blinding everyone else when I can't see road paint because of their LEDs overpowering my decades-old halogens.

LX470 WRapped.JPG

Welcome!

Interior lights: You can get dimmer LEDs through Mouser or Digikey. Superbright seems to carry only the bright stuff for the small raw components. Living up to their name.

Headlights: @Luke111 makes some badass proper HID retrofits. Check out his company page https://lbbuiltwerks.com/

You can retrofit yourself for a few hundred bucks or let him do everything with brand new assemblies if you want the full red carpet treatment.

There are also drop-in bulbs you can try, but if you want the best it's HID or bust, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom