Intro and Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

Just bought a 2018 LC and figuring out how much this thing has to offer. Bought it for our weekend journeys about 250 miles to Vermont in the winter months with a little off-roading along the way. Wanted a sure footed vehicle and figured this is as good as it gets. Putting some blizzaks on in a few days that leaves one item still needed. We bring the dogs along for the journey but they go in the back and so I’m looking for a sturdy dog barrier that won’t let these guys become projectiles if something goes awry. This forum has been very helpful regarding vehicle functionality but haven’t seen anything want to do to keep the pets in the back.

Any help is much appreciated.

Congrats and welcome.

Good luck on the pet barrier search. There are several out of Australia, but getting one is nearly impossible. ARB has one made specifically for their boxes. I believe there was a Milford barrier available, both half height and full. Trekboxx has one, but it is integral with their box system. Raingler offers soft net and mesh barriers for the 200 that are nice (mounting is kind of clunky). Travall claims to have one, but I bought it, and it didn't even come close to fitting. Kaon has one that fits with their rear shelf. It looks like Victory 4x4 might have one out now too, that fits their rear side molle panels.

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome.

Good luck on the pet barrier search. There are several out of Australia, but getting one is nearly impossible. ARB has one made specifically for their boxes. I believe there was a Milford barrier available, both half height and full. Trekboxx has one, but it is integral with their box system. Raingler offers soft net and mesh barriers for the 200 that are nice (mounting is kind of clunky). Travall claims to have one, but I bought it, and it didn't even come close to fitting. Kaon has one that fits with their rear shelf. It looks like Victory 4x4 might have one out now too, that fits their rear side molle panels.
Many thanks Charlie.
Congrats and welcome.

Thanks. This forum is amazing.

Saw the Travall and had suspicions so good to see that isn’t the way to go. Will look into Kaon and victory. Looked at the Milford site and what I saw was over 1k before shipping from Australia. Seems a bit much. Will report back what I find.

This is the one that caught my eye and is mentioned by @CharlieS . I don't have it yet, but I intend to buy the mesh version before my next long camping trip to contain stuff in the back. The dog rides in a harness in the second seat, with a mesh barrier over the console between the front seats.

I had the Raingler webbing version on my last cruiser. Very well made products. Installing the anchor points is a bit of a pain in the neck, if you opt for the full version, but the flip side is that it is well anchored

Last edited:
I just bought one from Cabelas 35 years ago and move it vehicle to vehicle. Orvis and other hunting related retailers sell them as well.
Thanks. They tend to be a bit flimsy and in the scenario I am considering won’t hold much and could become a problem unto themselves, ie metal projectiles.

This is the one that caught my eye and is mentioned by @CharlieS . I don't have it yet, but I intend to buy the mesh version before my next long camping trip to contain stuff in the back. The dog rides in a harness in the second seat, with a mesh barrier over the console between the front seats.

Thanks.

Thanks stonepa. Appreciate the suggestion. I’ve looked at the type that Orvis sells which are typically pressure mounted by screwing in the top and bottom. Since I am usually traveling for longer distances at higher speeds for a good portion of our trips, I don’t trust how these would perform in an accident with an 80 pound dog. Don’t think those things will hold. I am looking for something that gets bolted or clamped down and would perform better under stress.

I’ve looked at the 3 suggested here, victory, Keon and Raingler.

The victory uses molle panels which requires drilling into the inside panels which I won’t do.

The Keon is solid metal which is clamped to the headrests and third row ceiling handles.

The Raingler is a cargo net that is clamped to the floor and ceiling.

The latter two two seem like reasonable options for me.

Interesting. You were talking about dogs.

Thanks stonepa. Appreciate the suggestion. I’ve looked at the type that Orvis sells which are typically pressure mounted by screwing in the top and bottom. Since I am usually traveling for longer distances at higher speeds for a good portion of our trips, I don’t trust how these would perform in an accident with an 80 pound dog. Don’t think those things will hold. I am looking for something that gets bolted or clamped down and would perform better under stress.

The victory uses molle panels which requires drilling into the inside panels which I won’t do.

The Keon is solid metal which is clamped to the headrests and third row ceiling handles.

Depending upon which Raingler mounting choice you pick, it may be more or less secure. The one I had was mounted securely with bolted down straps with metal loops in a half dozen locations.

Hello all,

Just bought a 2018 LC and figuring out how much this thing has to offer. Bought it for our weekend journeys about 250 miles to Vermont in the winter months with a little off-roading along the way. Wanted a sure footed vehicle and figured this is as good as it gets. Putting some blizzaks on in a few days that leaves one item still needed. We bring the dogs along for the journey but they go in the back and so I’m looking for a sturdy dog barrier that won’t let these guys become projectiles if something goes awry. This forum has been very helpful regarding vehicle functionality but haven’t seen anything want to do to keep the pets in the back.

Any help is much appreciated.
I use 2 dog crates (aka kennels) for my 70ish pound hunting dogs. Better for dirt control, and, they seem to like the den "feel." Definitely a safe option.
Also. It's easy to build a platform for convenient storage underneath - does limit rear visibility to side mirrors and the backup camera.
Happy holidays

Then i would definitely recommend a harness and safety belt for the dog. Orvis and Cabelas sells those as well. If concerned, no reason no to secure the dog like you would a human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom