Intro and help request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I just figured out how close you all are. I will do my best to attend the next meet-up.

I need a new windshield and installation on my 80 series (1997 FZJ-80). Many of you know how essential it is to install a windshield correctly on this model. Do any of you have a suggestion for a really great installer that will do it correctly?

Thanks in advance. :)

Jon
Carlsbad

I used safety lite and insisted they glue in the gasket, 8 months later and no problems with leaking I can see.

Great timing... I have a crack in my 100 series windshield that just started... Anyone ever replace with OEM?

Great to see your close, please come on over for the meeting!! As for glass like @landcruising said... make sure they use the sealant. Have not had to replace mine yet!

I used safety lite and insisted they glue in the gasket, 8 months later and no problems with leaking I can see.

Thanks landcruising. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I used Safelite to replace the windshield on my Tundra and it leaked, creating all sorts of havoc. Now I am quite paranoid, particularly for the 80 with its special needs for the gasket.

Great to see your close, please come on over for the meeting!! As for glass like @landcruising said... make sure they use the sealant. Have not had to replace mine yet!

Thanks Cruiser Bauers. I will come over for the meeting.

Thanks landcruising. I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I used Safelite to replace the windshield on my Tundra and it leaked, creating all sorts of havoc. Now I am quite paranoid, particularly for the 80 with its special needs for the gasket.
I too had a bad experience with Safelite, but on my 80. That was long before I was on 'Mud and learned about the specific requirements of the 80m series windshield weatherstrip. Once I pinpointed the issue and realized did they did not put on the adhesive (granted, it was a few years later before it started leaking) I decided to cut my losses and took it to Toyota Carlsbad Collision and had them do it to spec. A few years in now and no issues.

I too had a bad experience with Safelite, but on my 80. That was long before I was on 'Mud and learned about the specific requirements of the 80m series windshield weatherstrip. Once I pinpointed the issue and realized did they did not put on the adhesive (granted, it was a few years later before it started leaking) I decided to cut my losses and took it to Toyota Carlsbad Collision and had them do it to spec. A few years in now and no issues.

I am quite tempted to go to Toyota Carlsbad and do just that. I was hoping somebody here had worked with a great glass guy that is local. Thanks.

leucadiacruiser: is that Punta Lobos in your Avatar? I was just there last Nov and Punta Vibora last July. Cool spots. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom