Intro and '99 Mod Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered the 100 Series Sliders from Metal Tech a few weeks ago.

They arrived on a double palette with a lot of stickers.

IMG_8844.JPG

IMG_8847.JPG

I used my jack stands to shimmy them into place.

IMG_8850.JPG
IMG_8854.JPG
IMG_8855.JPG

Installation was easy - about 45 minutes. So far so good!

@ajs I wish they still had those Hose's available. I need to get my T's done.

Switched out OME shocks for 41mm front and 45mm rear adjustable shocks from @TRAIL TAILOR. So far I love the new ride.

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Im looking at doing the same on my 98... Why did you end up moving away from the OME? And feelings/comparison between the two?

Two reasons - I had a super-annoying chirp from one of the rear shocks. It'd go away for a day or two if I tightened the top nut, but that thing drove me crazy.

Second, I found the OME shocks to be *really* harsh.

I've only had them on for a couple of hours, but did fly over some speed bumps near a school :)

So far, I really like the feel of the TDs... as many have said, much closer to OEM.

I was going to share a bunch of quotes from the Tough Dog review thread, but I see you've already seen them.

Im looking at doing the same on my 98... Why did you end up moving away from the OME? And feelings/comparison between the two?

Did you decide on your lift yet @gregnash? I've still got my OME nitro chargers lying around... about 2 years and 18K miles on them, but not much trail time. If you want to try them out and pay for shipping, I'll send them to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom