Intro & '63 fj40 fst parts request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Mike and 19 years ago my father and I split the cost of a '63 fj40 we bought in the Midwest and drove out here to northern California. It was my first car in highschool and his first overlanding rig to take on his annual trip with his buddies from his highschool years.

After leaving for university I gave up my share so he could keep it and make his desired improvements for his trips (that typically included trails such as Fordyce and occasionally the Rubicon) that I usually attended along with all of the grown children of his friends. It's an amazing group and all of the rigs are contemporary to the FJ40. The bourbon is younger than any vehicle by decades.

Now I'm established in my own career and I want to repay him for the memories on the 20th anniversary of us buying and road-tripping the rig home. I'm looking for the factory soft top frame for the old '63. The catch is that it's in the production years where the FST models doors are curved like the older FJ25s.

I've seen a few threads dating back to the mid 2000's about a few guys who were trying to fabricate their own frames but it seems that they all died before they found a solution. Can anyone point me to, or sell me, a factory soft top frame for the body style mentioned? Any help is appreciated!

Best,
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom